Darn0k

My Classified Ad is a mess, Need Help!

I read in another forum/thread the following:

Comments may be permanently removed by moderators

I would like to manage my own comments, but have found that I am not allowed. Here's my dilemma: I have recently placed a classified ad and was DISMAYED that it had removed ALL of my LINEFEEDS upon submittal (without warning mind you) and so the ad became mostly unreadable and entirely incomplete.

Also, I was NOT NOTIFIED that I had 'exceeded' the 'non-disclosed character limit', so I then wished to add the remainder of the description in a comment. Then that was truncated as well. I again posted 2 more comments in an attempt to fix this, but nope. Now I have comments beneath my ad that do not serve any good purpose and the whole thing is a mess. No wonder why there's been no responses or inquiries.

How may I remove them or get them removed?
Also, what is the true character limit for each: Ad Posting and Comment Posting?

Ad is located at:
http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/Miscellaneous/RV_Travel_Trailer_194639.html

Furthermore, I paid for Premium Ad before this all happened and now feel that this was a total waste of effort, time and money. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Apologies for the belayed reply, completely missed this post while running through the support.

There is no formatting available in the classifieds, and we have a policy restricting the use of HTML in ads. The purpose being that it becomes far too easy to abuse.

The description of an item was never intended to be something of length, ideally between 20 and 100 words. Explaining the basics of the item. Any in depth description of the product, would then be expected to take place between the buyer and seller privately. We can appreciate the desire to get information up front for buyers, but your ad has a total of more than 500 words (over 3000 characters). Making it longer than the average online content article.

I have removed your comments as you requested.

We are working on a new classifieds system that would allow formatting, but for now you'd need to cater your descriptions to the idea that it is meant as a small summary area for the item.