skydiverek

Ad photos display upside down

I post an ad. I have a photo taken right side up. I upload it to the ad. The minature photo displays right side up. But when you click on the photo to see its larger version, it displays upside down...

Example here:

http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/Reserve_Canopies/PD_Reserve_143_zero_jumps_great_shape_free_world-wide_airmail__163074.html

skydiverek

Is still displays upside down on my comp. Windows 7, with Firefox 30. Same on latest Chrome 35. But displays OK on Internet Explorer 9 !

Use IE 11 :)( ok you know I had to say that.)
How about.. its in freefly orientation( ok that is even worse)

Okay, so this is related to the EXIF data on your image. This is usually set in the camera (options like auto-rotating).

You can use this to view your EXIF data for your image: http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Under the 'Orientation', your image has 'Rotate 180'.

While some browsers do not recognize this EXIF field (and hence keep the image the correct way). Some modern browsers know how to interperate this data, and in turn it rotates your image automatically. This is something that is done on the browser level, and is unrelated to Dropzone.com

An easy solution would be to do something like open the image, screenshot it and then paste it as a new image. This will remove the EXIF data attached to it.