BIGUN

Pic Upload

I'm not sure if this is a bug or with the recent pic upload changes if I am missing something. I went to upload a pic in a forum thread. Selected the Pic (Browse) and did the "Upload Attachment."

Just as I was about to post; noticed the file was not there. See pic. So, I did it again; same result. Nothing.

Then I wondered if the file size was too large and looked at the properties and it was almost a meg, so I changed it to 156K. It uploaded fine.

There used to be a "File size too large" warning after one attempted to do so, but it appears to be missing now. Bug, Feature or change in policy?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hey,

The new photos uploader is independent from the forum file attachments. There has been no changes to the forum's uploader. We've always had a pretty small file requirement for images in the forum. It may be something we up the size on a bit in the future though.

I'm sorry.
Not well communicated

If one does not know the pic size is too large; then they post to the thread
No pic because there was no "File size too large." warning.
Then they have to edit/repost with pic.
And, in the case of new users... How do they know why their pic did not upload?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Ahh, okay I see what you're saying. Let me do some testing and I'll see if we can get this resolved.

Added: Just tested this, and I found that the error showed correctly. I attempted to attach a 1mb image file to the post, and when I clicked the 'Upload Attachment' button it tried to upload, then redirected back to the post draft, with a warning message at the top.

See attachment

Meso

Ahh, okay I see what you're saying. Let me do some testing and I'll see if we can get this resolved.

Added: Just tested this, and I found that the error showed correctly. I attempted to attach a 1mb image file to the post, and when I clicked the 'Upload Attachment' button it tried to upload, then redirected back to the post draft, with a warning message at the top.

See attachment

Maybe it would be a little more noticeable if the message about it not attaching was down around the attachment options instead of up above the message box.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

OK. I'm getting old and you can't be moving shit around on me.

It's kinda like moving furniture in a blind person's house!! ;)

The message used to be at the bottom where the NSFW is now.

Anyway, now I know and can stop scratchin my head.

Have a great day!