skydiverek

Edited ads loose exposure and details

OK, so when I post a new ad, and let's say today is Aug 25, that ad will be on the top of the list and the date will be in red color.

Often times, right after posting it, I notice that I have made a typo in the ad. So, I go to 'Modify ads' and correct the typo. THEN, however, the ad with the date Aug 25 is listed after the ads with the date of Aug 24th, and the date is not in the red color anymore... Often times, it is automatically pushed to the second page of classifieds category (main canopies, for example, where there are lots of ads everyday), and gets less exposure. This is especially annoying when I just paid for the ad.

Also, when you Modify the ad, you have to upload the photo again, and put all the component details again (in case of complete systems, for example), which is very time consuming.

So, can you change it so that modifying the add does not push it down the list, keeps the red date color, and does not loose photo and component info previously selected from the drop down details?

Thanks for letting us know about this. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused, we'll do some testing and subsequently attempt to fix any bugs that may exist with this. We will let you know once we've got things sorted.

The issue you are describing is related to the way our CMS checks for new links. A link can either have an isNew field or an isChanged field, and the problem is that as soon as a link is modified it turns off the isNew field and turns on the isChanged. Which creates the problem. We're currently working at looking how we can fix this - will keep you updated.