SivaGanesha

trouble accessing dz.com from a mobile device

I'm having trouble accessing dz.com from my mobile smartphone. There is no problem when accessing dz.com from a desktop/laptop computer. This problem started around 7:30 PDT yesterday (Tuesday 6/11) and is still continuing. Anyone else having problems? The message I get is "Access to dropzone.com was denied."
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

SivaGanesha

I'm having trouble accessing dz.com from my mobile smartphone. There is no problem when accessing dz.com from a desktop/laptop computer. This problem started around 7:30 PDT yesterday (Tuesday 6/11) and is still continuing. Anyone else having problems? The message I get is "Access to dropzone.com was denied."

What page/link are you trying to access, what phone, operating system and browser?

Also, are you on WiFi or cellular data? Where are you?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

What page/link are you trying to access, what phone, operating system and browser?

Yes please. If you send a little more info we will gladly look into it for you.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

theonlyski

It's a BlackBerry (on Verizon) and I'm just using the standard operating system and browser that comes with the BlackBerry. The problem appears just by accessing www.dropzone.com. Usually the home page starts to come up and then it quits and the error message appears.

The problem appears both when using WiFi or cellular--I just tried both. This is in the Seattle, WA area.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

SivaGanesha

***What page/link are you trying to access, what phone, operating system and browser?

It's a BlackBerry (on Verizon) and I'm just using the standard operating system and browser that comes with the BlackBerry. The problem appears just by accessing www.dropzone.com. Usually the home page starts to come up and then it quits and the error message appears.

The problem appears both when using WiFi or cellular--I just tried both. This is in the Seattle, WA area.

Interesting. Could you go direct to the forum page? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi

Might be worth going online to www.whatismyip.com on both your WiFi and cell network connections, getting both of the IP's and sending them in a PM to Meso/Sangrio.

There could be a number of things up to and including the provider ISP blocking the connection, but that's between D4R and their provider. Could be an ad that gets blocked by Verizon, but it's doubtful if you get the same result on WiFi and cell (unless the WiFi is connected to Verizon as their ISP)

I don't know nuffin! :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

theonlyski

Interesting. Could you go direct to the forum page? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi

Still the same error message at that link!

theonlyski

Might be worth going online to www.whatismyip.com on both your WiFi and cell network connections, getting both of the IP's and sending them in a PM to Meso/Sangrio.

Done!

SivaGanesha

***Interesting. Could you go direct to the forum page? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi

Still the same error message at that link!

theonlyski

Done!

Were the IP's vastly different? When you're connected to your home WiFi, does it do the same thing? Does your computer plugged into the same network work?

theonlyski

Were the IP's vastly different? When you're connected to your home WiFi, does it do the same thing? Does your computer plugged into the same network work?

Yes the IP's were vastly different. Haven't checked WiFi from home but will try tonight if this isn't resolved by then. The laptop on the same WiFi works.

Strange thing regarding the IP when using the laptop on the WiFi. The IP address given by typing 'ipconfig' at a command prompt differs from the IP given by whatismyip.com. The ipconfig one is similar to the one given by whatismyip.com on my BlackBerry. The whatismyip.com one on the laptop on WiFi is quite different. Hope this all makes sense.

Meso

I think I know what this issue is, but we may only be able to begin working on it in a few hours. I'll keep you posted with the progress.

Thanks--appreciate it!!!

Hey - take a look and see whether this has been fixed. Your BlackBerry is accessing the site via a proxy server and we (for obvious reasons) frown upon some of them. We've made some tweaks and hopefully have cleared the path for you. Let us know. :)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Well, the owner of the proxy can view pretty much all of your unencrypted traffic and given enough time, probably the encrypted stuff too.

Someone at RIM has a LOT of dirt on people a few key strokes away. :D:D

Yup, using safari.

I tried that and no dice, but I just got a bluetooth keyboard, and it worked when i just entered my login info and then hit "enter" LOL

thanks for the advice, though!

It happens every so often on another forum i frequent, i use mercury or chrome for that one and for some reason it didn't occur to my pretty brain to try that with dz.com :)

lawrocket

Mine is not fixed. Just tried and says, "Access to dropzone.com was denied."

I have this same issue. Been happening last couple of days.

I was having the same issue, but apparently with a little help it is now resolved, perhaps it's a temporary thing? anyone know for shure?

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."