Andy9o8

Cannot post (& top of page is missing or corrupted) in Firefox

...at all, whether clicking "reply" or "quote" to respond to a post. Once in the text panel, the top panel on the page with menu bar, logo, etc, is replaced with "code" gobbledygook. Also, all of the buttons under the text panel are inoperative - Reply, Quote, Post Message, whatever.

I had to switch over to IE (which I hate) to post this.

So are you guys having fun yet? ;)

theonlyski

Screen shot?

First, it's now even worse in Firefox (still posting in IE now). Now when viewing any page in Firefox, the entire top of the page - logo, menu bar, etc. - is missing, making it basically impossible to navigate. For all intents and purposes, the site is practically non-functional in Firefox.

I don't want to post a screen shot that shows some of my browser's personalized stuff, but suffice it to say that when viewing a page with the text writing box, the entire top of the page above the forum title simply has the following code:

0) { if (tag.substring(0,1) != "/") { cursorPosition.text = "[" + tag + "]" + cursorPosition.text + "[/" + tag + "]"; } } else { cursorPosition.text = cursorPosition.text.charAt(cursorPosition.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? '[' + tag + '] ' : "[" + tag + "]"; } } else if (document.post.post_message.selectionStart || document.post.post_message.selectionStart == '0') { var startPos = document.post.post_message.selectionStart; var endPos = document.post.post_message.selectionEnd; if (endPos> startPos) { if (tag.substring(0,1) != "/") { document.post.post_message.value = document.post.post_message.value.substring(0, startPos) + "[" + tag + "]" + document.post.post_message.value.substring(startPos, endPos) + "[/" + tag + "]" + document.post.post_message.value.substring(endPos, document.post.post_message.value.length); document.post.post_message.focus(); document.post.post_message.selectionStart = startPos; document.post.post_message.selectionEnd = endPos + 2*tag.length + 5; } } else { document.post.post_message.value = document.post.post_message.value.substring(0, startPos) + "[" + tag + "]" + document.post.post_message.value.substring(endPos, document.post.post_message.value.length); document.post.post_message.focus(); document.post.post_message.selectionStart = startPos + tag.length + 2; document.post.post_message.selectionEnd = startPos + tag.length + 2; } } else { document.post.post_message.value += "[" + tag + "]"; } document.post.post_message.focus(); return; } function checkText(text) { if (text.createTextRange) text.cursorPosition = document.selection.createRange().duplicate(); return true; } // -->

Very odd, I don't see anything like that in FF 20.0.1

For what it's worth, if you're running a recent version of Windows, you an run the 'snip' program and actually only screenshot specific portions of your screen (that you mark off).

The area that seems to be throwing the bug for you is in the message editor tag function the one that adds tags it seems to not have this issue with me.

What version of FF are you running? I may be able to load it to see if it's a version specific error.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Same here. Posting with IE. Screenshot attached. None of the buttons work in FF.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I think Sangiro was working on the buttons last night and could have caused this. I have tested on two of my browsers now though and I can't see the issue. On IE 9 and Firefox 20.1 it looks fine.

Please note that some functionality may not be compatible with outdated browsers, and we recommend that users use a new stable and modern browser, for best results. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are our browsers of choice.

functionality may not be compatible with outdated browsers, and we recommend that users use a new stable and modern browser, for best results.

Yep, upgraded Firefox browser, and that did the trick, thanks.
You can close the ticket. ;)