Scrumpot

Seriously Guys...

this thread too http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4432675;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Not everyone has his results... some of us have a lot less so it might be him
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Perhaps some misunderstanding exists as to what the domains that are 'informed' are...

These are mostly sites that we use to either provide functionality or to display ads.

First, you're able to throw away a ton of those URLs because they are associated with basic site functionality.

- google.com
- gstatic.com (part of google)
- google.analytics
- facebook.net (our 'like' buttons access facebook)
- facebook.com (associated with facebook buttons)
- fbcdn.net (associated with facebook buttons)
- mt1.googleapis.com (our dropzone finder map uses this)
- mt0.googleapis.com (our dropzone finder uses this too)
- doubleclick.net (google ads)
- googlesyndication.com (associated with google)

So you can already scrap those for basic site functionality.

Then there are things like adzerk.net and adtech. These are our advertising hosts, to understand how advertising works, is that we use a certain host and then they 'serve' us ads to use. And when they serve different ads from different sources, you will see those sources come up in that list too.

There is no 'selling out', the ads that we server are the exact same as most sites on the net.

Remember that as with any site that uses an ad host, we don't control every ad that gets displayed, but when we do locate an ad that is causing problems (load times, intrusive etc) we then contact the ad host and ask that they remove it from the inventory used for dropzone.com. You can go through our suggestions and bugs forums for evidence of this.

I can assure you that our ad serving is very regular and on par with most other sites out there (excluding massive multi-billion dollar corporations).

Perhaps some misunderstanding exists as to what the domains that are 'informed' are...

These are mostly sites that we use to either provide functionality or to display ads.

First, you're able to throw away a ton of those URLs because they are associated with basic site functionality.

- google.com
- gstatic.com (part of google)
- google.analytics
- facebook.net (our 'like' buttons access facebook)
- facebook.com (associated with facebook buttons)
- fbcdn.net (associated with facebook buttons)
- mt1.googleapis.com (our dropzone finder map uses this)
- mt0.googleapis.com (our dropzone finder uses this too)
- doubleclick.net (google ads)
- googlesyndication.com (associated with google)

So you can already scrap those for basic site functionality.

Then there are things like adzerk.net and adtech. These are our advertising hosts, to understand how advertising works, is that we use a certain host and then they 'serve' us ads to use. And when they serve different ads from different sources, you will see those sources come up in that list too.

There is no 'selling out', the ads that we server are the exact same as most sites on the net.

Remember that as with any site that uses an ad host, we don't control every ad that gets displayed, but when we do locate an ad that is causing problems (load times, intrusive etc) we then contact the ad host and ask that they remove it from the inventory used for dropzone.com. You can go through our suggestions and bugs forums for evidence of this.

I can assure you that our ad serving is very regular and on par with most other sites out there (excluding massive multi-billion dollar corporations).

I wish that facebook image on the left would go away
Takes forever to load
I gotta wait on it all the time
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

We could look into possibly doing something about that if it affects usability.

Though it shouldn't have any effect on the page load, it should load last, while the rest of the site is already loaded and usable, you shouldn't have to wait for it to load before you're able to click links or anything...

If that isn't the case, let me know and we can try look into it. But for me, I often continue to click on links and reply to messages before the facebook button has finished loading.

We could look into possibly doing something about that if it affects usability.

Though it shouldn't have any effect on the page load, it should load last, while the rest of the site is already loaded and usable, you shouldn't have to wait for it to load before you're able to click links or anything...

If that isn't the case, let me know and we can try look into it. But for me, I often continue to click on links and reply to messages before the facebook button has finished loading.

I do not see this problem at home using Firefox

I have IE 8 at work and this is where I see it

It locks up the page until the facebood window is fully loaded

Could it be a firewall issue at my end?

Thanks for checking
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Have you disabled My Stuff?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4099226#4099226

Set Hide "My Stuff" Menu: to Yes under settings and you won't even get the side ads.

Only drawback is you have to click on Home to logout.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.