DiverMike

Bug in classified

I just received this email 2 days ago. It takes me to a scuba diving site. Not logging on for the moment.

---

Hi ,

This is a notification to let you know that your Rockclimbing.com Classified Ad:
Diablo 99
Will expire on: 2012-12-09

If you would like the ad to remain posted you will need to renew it before the expiry date. To renew your ad click on the link below, select the ad you wish To renew and click on the "Renew Ad" button.

http://www.divetime.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/modify.cgi

Kind regards
Classifieds Editor

http://www.divetime.com/classifieds/
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2634/5426 - Release Date: 11/29/12

- - - - - - - - -

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!

The emails I am getting for the Ad Renewal Notification have three canned typos:

a) the first line refers to Rockclimbing.com Classified Ad:
b) the URL for renewal shows
http://www.divetime.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/modify.cgi
c) the bottom most URL is http://www.divetime.com/classifieds/

No notifications in the last 2 days.

However, I just tried posting an ad, and got the following error :

A fatal error has occured:

GT::Plugins (6375): Error running plugin 'POST' hook 'Plugins::Thumb_Images::Admin_DoThumb': Can't locate Image/Size.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/photos/admin /lib /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/photos/admin /var/home/dropzone/lib /var/home/dropzone/lucene/lib /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/community/private/lib /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gmail/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/adcycle /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gear/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/videos/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/remember/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/incidents/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/fatalities/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/stolen/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/events/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/calendar/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/weather/hamlib /var/home/dropzone/rt/lib /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.1 . /usr /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/community/private/lib) at /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gear/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images.pm line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gear/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images.pm line 40.
Compilation failed in require at GT::Plugins::_load_hook line 290.
at /var/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/photos/admin/Links/Table/Links.pm line 88.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This is more of an aesthetic thing than a bug :

when we submit pics, our limit is 300KB per each pic.
yet when we click on the thumbs from within the ad, the picture is downsized to a 300px X dim. It looks quite small, and seems wasteful. Can we up the pic size to say 640*x ?

Both of my current Ads are showing "Click here for website with more information" but I am not a premier member and can't post a website link. This is causing people to be confused.

It's a bit frustrating for me as it makes me look unprofessional (in terms of ability to create an ad). I also can't seem to find any buttons for renewing my Ads anymore?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I have been trying for several days to post an ad in the Reserve Canopies listings and always get the error message below. I have posted an ad in Containers with no problem. Help please. Thanks.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hi,

We're still working at getting this issue sorted, and the more information users who experience the issue provide us with, the quicker we can sort it out, since whenever we test with our own ads we don't encounter the error.

If you could please attach to this thread (or email us at [email protected]) a screen of the submission form once it's filled out, so we can see all the data that you've entered in to the ad before it's submitted. And if you are trying to submit a photo to the ad, can you please include that photo as well, so we can rule out file type conflicts.

This is very unusual, that information is displayed by a check which looks whether you're a paid user, and if you are - it displays the text. The check is simple and just looked for the "paid_status" field.

Problem being that while it sees everyone else correctly and issues the ad layout accordingly, for some reason it sees you as a paid member, even though you're not.

I did some testing with a simple yes/no query with the same result. I will look into why it could possibly be doing this.

Is this what you need? See attachment. I have tried posting the ad with and without a photo. It is the same photo I used successfully in my other ad.

That works fine, thanks. Can I ask whether you also left out the reserve information? Manufacturer, type, jumps etc? When you submitted yours?

Because that area is blank on the page you gave, and when I copy/pasted everything from your ad into a new ad, it submitted perfectly.

Which leads me to believe that if you're getting an error and you filled out the information about the reserve there... The error must lie in that information.

If this is the case, can you please write down the values that you used in the reserve area.

Otherwise I see no reason why it shouldn't submit when you use the information listed there, as it seemed to go through fine.

Cheers

No, I included the reserve info about manufacturer, type, etc. I'm sorry I didn't notice that it "disappeared" from the attachment when I saved it. The info I included was as follows: Performance Designs, PD Reserve 176, 0 jumps, DOM 03/96, Serial # 11283.

Update: I just tried posting the ad again and this time it worked. Not sure if it was something you did but either way it seems fixed. Thanks.

Further update: Sorry but apparently the fact that it worked was a fluke. The ad is posted but I then realized I mistakenly entered 400 jumps when I intended to enter 0. When I tried to modify the ad I got the same error message as before.

Hi,

There is a noted bug (If you hover your mouse over the 'i' sign next to the jumps field when submitting an ad, it will ask that if the number of jumps is 0, that you leave it blank.

While we are currently in talks with the tech team about getting it resolved, currently when one enters the number 0 into the jumps field, it causes an error due to being unable to write the value into the database.

Thanks! But...

I went to modify my ad in Reserve Containers to change the jump count from 400 to zero by leaving the field blank as you said. Now when I click on the 'modify ad' the same 'Modify an Ad' page loads with a red message in a yellow box at the top that says: "Reserve DOM Year can not contain the value '1996 1996'".

In addition when the new page loads with the error message the jump count box shows 400 again.

I'll look into this new problem - the new alerts that you are receiving at the top are what we put in place now and should prevent future errors related to the values and where they are entered.

But it seems that when fixing the main issue, a small bug popped up with regards to reserve's DOM dates. So we`re looking into that.

I have changed your ad in the back end for you to reflect the changes you want, as a temporary solution til we fix this DOM error.