CarpeDiem3

Photo Attachment Names

I uploaded a photo named "Featured Art.JPG" from my computer, and that name is converted to gobbeldy-gook for some reason, and the suffix is dropped. That suffix is used by computers to determine what type of file it is, and determines what software is launched to view it. Without the suffix, some people's computers apparently don't know what to do with the image. I've duplicated that same thing in this message so you can see what I'm talking about. "featured Art.JPG" becomes "phpXZ9Xyy", with no suffix to indicate what type of file it is...

So why do you strip off that necessary suffix on the name?

Somehow, when I double-click that photo attachment, it displays correctly on my browser. But that apparently isn't true for everyone, because some have complained.

Hrm... There have been no changes on our side to try adjust any of the upload process, so if something weird is going on, it may be due to a bug.

I have tested it out by uploading a single image 3 times, one with a single name, one with 3 names, space separated and one with the same name that your file had.

All 3 of these uploads were successful, which makes me think perhaps, while the jpg file you're uploading works correctly, there may be some kind of issue with it that our system is seeing.

You can try uploading a different jpg image on this thread and see if it does the same, but with the upload process seeming to work fine in general, and the filename not being an issue, it can only lead me to think it's a problem with that specific file.

Well this is curious. Meso's uploads retained the original name. Ski's uploads had the name converted to the gobbledegook style, but still retained the proper suffix. I don't know what the heck is going on... The problem may be on MY computer!

I just downloaded the file and added the suffixes, so its the same name as the one I downloaded.

What browser and OS are you using?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Try posting a different picture of the same type (jpeg, jpg, etc).

See if it does it again with a different picture. You can email the original picture to me (theonlyski at gmail) and I will try posting it to see if its you or the picture.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message