tintin19

Intrusive pop up ads

Hi There, I've been getting problems all day (I'm in Oz) with pop us ads on the site. They are overlaying the page and making all links on the page inoperable.

I'm getting the same issue on Basejumper.com as well.

I've attached a screen shot. I've rebooted my laptop, restarted the browser and still not managed to fix it. I can refresh some of the pages a few times and end up with an ad that stays at the top, but a couple of pages are unreadable and won't refresh out of the problem.

Cheers

Seems that there was a vertical ad placed in the horizontal ad space, which is causing it to go over the text.

Apologies about this. I will contact the ad department now and ask them to rectify the issue.

Thanks. It's still vertical today but at least you can click the links behind it now.
Ian Purvis
http://www.loadupsoftware.com
LoadUp DZ Management App
[email protected]

I contacted them and alerted them as to the issue and they said they would get back to me as soon as possible, I still haven't heard back, but if I don't hear anything in the next few hours I will send off another e-mail .

And nah it's not a pop-up, it seems someone involved with placing the ads into the correct categories accidentally placed a skyscraper ad into the horizontal header space.

chrome adblocker extension works for now

Cheers

+1, happy to have the ads while they work easily and don't use most of the screen. Good case of the advertiser's cleverness causing the audience to flee....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

-sigh-

Give it a few more hours guys, if it's not changed by later today I will be pulling the header ads off the sight temporarily until they get it sorted.

Thanks. On the bright side, at least I know I didn't pick up something nasty from surfing dodgy websites:$
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Hey guys,

I've been in talks back and forth with the people in charge of the ads, after they failed to fix the issue the other day I removed the header ads completely to prevent the issue.

I have put it back today, so if you see the issue again - please screen shot and attach to this thread so I can remove them again and try get them to fix it again.