Amazon

Ads hosing the site again

All day its been damn near impossible to type any text in and have it actually post in any of the forums.

The culprit seems to be the ads again.. this time its an incessant load of crap that hangs the system..
Check out the bar at the bottom of the page in the screenshot.

The culprit seems to be the ads again.. this time its an incessant load of crap that hangs the system.. Check out the bar at the bottom of the page in the screenshot.

What does that bar represent? Is that cpu cycles being consumed?

Because I've noticed for about the last two weeks that for any screen in DZ.com that I get a continuous "busy" icon spinning in the window tab. It never used to do that before. It's as if something is always still executing, even when you're not doing anything.

Unless I turn Javascripts off, and then all the problems go away. Except that I have to manually type html tags in posts...

Argh, I don't know what happened this time, but something isn't running as it should with the ad partners. And we realize it's unacceptable, and we're doing our best to resolve it. I've been in contact with those in charge of the ads again and they have told me they are contacting the ad network to get it removed. There is a good chance that ads may be removed altogether for a while until we can get them to sort the issue out.

Okay guys, as mentioned - I have removed the ad code from the site until our ad partners can sort out their load times and the positioning of the ads.

You should be ad-free for a while and in turn there should be no issues with loading problems or ads blocking the screen.

If by some chance, you see something wrong, just let me know.

In an attempt to fix the problem we have disabled the ad network which was likely causing hanging. We have also disabled the Toyota ads.

If you see anything off, please let me know... I'm hoping there isn't a need to though.

In an attempt to fix the problem we have disabled the ad network which was likely causing hanging. We have also disabled the Toyota ads.

If you see anything off, please let me know... I'm hoping there isn't a need to though.

All is well for the last few days...