Glitch

dz.com trying to download files onto my puter...

Is this normal? A new ad perhaps? I'm just trying to browse the boards and this keeps popping up...

Afterwords, there's an "Action Cancelled by user" area where an add normally goes on the L side of the window....

The last thing I need is my IT guys bonking me on the head and blocking the site.
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I don't know about actually putting files on your computer, other than just "cookies", which are used to keep track of where you were the last time you exited a forum, so that it can return you back to where you left off, the next time you sign on. Those are a good thing, at least as used here.

But I've got a status bar turned on for my internet browser which shows me what's writing to my screen, and I've collected a long list of sites that operate through dropzone.com for advertising, which I have blocked with a browser option. See the attacked image for a list.

And that's not even all of them. There are many that fly by so fast that I don't have time to read them and put them into my blocked list.

There are many adblocker type add-ons for firefox. I don't have any ads at all pop up on sites anymore, and don't have data being collected from my computer by advertisers and others.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

They have ads here?
:o

:P

I've heard that rumor before.:|

So have I...

Guess my DNS doesn't resolve the servers that carry the ads...

Odd :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Highly highly unlikely that it is related to dropzone.com - we try to be as accommodating as possible when it comes to issues like ads and encourage users to speak up if there's a problem and there's no one else mentioning this, so until they do - I think it's fair to assume the issue is probably on your side ;)

It could be a virus/malware on your computer which is trying to perform an action when you're on the site.

The only files that should be gathered are cookie files as stated above. These cookie files are used by almost every website and is a non-malicious text file which helps with serving the ads.

I'd recommend getting a good anti-virus program and making sure you don't have any malware or viruses on your machine. A change in browser wouldn't be a bad idea to, I find firefox great though some prefer Chrome.

And lastly... Why is that screenshot in 8bit colour?! :ph34r: