freestyleleigh

Blocked from certain forums.

Hi,

I cannot access the bonfire, gear and rigging, wingsuiting, swooping and the spanish forum.

Seems quite random, my husband was banned from the forums recently and I use the same computer so may have something to do with that?

I am an Active PT (senior rigger) and need access to some of the information in the gear and rigging forum so can somebody please fix this.

Thanks,

Leigh

Hi,

Are you still unable to access these forums?

I've looked at your profile and I see no bans listed for you, and as far as I know - Rhys was banned by username and not IP (though I wasn't the one who imposed those bans so I can't be sure).

I cannot access the bonfire, gear and rigging, wingsuiting, swooping and the spanish forum... my husband was banned from the forums recently and I use the same computer so may have something to do with that?

Little Skypiggie here has had the same problem for about a year now. I've been locked out of the Bonfire forum, because Quade is convinced I'm a second identity for someone else, when in fact I'm just like you - I sometimes use the computer of that other person when I'm visiting them. I haven't even said anything nasty to deserve a ban. Q has refused to budge and relent on this.

So, mods, if you're going to do something about these kinds of situations, please fix mine while you're at it. Skypiggie would like access to Bonfire once again.

Hi,

Are you still unable to access these forums?

I've looked at your profile and I see no bans listed for you, and as far as I know - Rhys was banned by username and not IP (though I wasn't the one who imposed those bans so I can't be sure).

Hi,

Another member of our DZ has been banned (unsure why) and the same problem arose.

I don't often post but often read as do others here we shold not be punished.

Whatever reasons you have for banning users can you ensure it is not the whole DZ that suffers please, we have a dozen staff that are skydivers it is not fair to everybody.

I am supposed to be banned but I can access the same forums. but not the others everyone esle at this IP address uses.

You should just ban me, and allow others that use this IP address, to have their own access to all the forums...

>You should just ban me, and allow others that use this IP address, to have their own
>access to all the forums...

Since you have been posting under different usernames, that is often not possible. If you continue that we will have to disable a range of IP addresses which may affect many other people in your area.

For the sake of the people in your area who want to use DZ.com legitimately, please stop with the alternative usernames.

>You should just ban me, and allow others that use this IP address, to have their own
>access to all the forums...

Since you have been posting under different user names, that is often not possible. If you continue that we will have to disable a range of IP addresses which may affect many other people in your area.

For the sake of the people in your area who want to use DZ.com legitimately, please stop with the alternative usernames.

That assertion is only your assumption.

I am a separate person to Rhys, and have offered you the finer details of that to prove so but only if you can assure me they will not be passed onto another entity (Airtec, APF, ASC) you still believe I am Rhys, I am not and I can prove I am not.

Why not just sign the letter or offer some legitimate assurance and this will become a lot clearer to you.

The DZ.com management requested that I provide my personal details to prove I am not using multiple accounts.

I requested (immediately) that DZ.com supply a signed statement that those details would not be released to any to other entity based on the litigious nature of the topics being discussed. I have observed the moderators overlooking the rules on many occasions when it suited them. I have more than enough reason that there is a background snitch fest going on. You guys have made that quite clear.

I was informed that it is not possible for the DZ.com management to sign such a statement. That is false, lazy or ignorant, you decide.

It is quite clear that DZ.com are more interested in looking after the commercial interests of advertisers rather than allowing completely open dialogue of subjects pertaining to the actions of these entities.

My offer of supplying my personal details still stands, if you can provide assurance that the DZ.com will not provide that information to anyone else.

Rhys was banned for discussing Airtec's false claims in their official bulletin that is what prompted me to make an account to continue that message; we are a tight crew here.

Yes my views are similar and we are friends, but that does not make us the same person.

I am a separate individual and deserve my own opportunity to present my views, these views are pertinent to how the whole community views the AAD situation.

The information I have provided in what has essentially become a whistle blowing exercise could effect my financial position due to my association with the other companies involved.

This is a reasonable request don't you think?

I have made this clear to you already.

It is your failure the supply this assurance that is restricting other users in this area, not my actions

Nothing else.

I have been collecting Dialogue and messages from Rhys and other users that have been forced to 'shut up' upon request of DZ.com management. This includes threats of litigation and defamation statements form DZ.com moderators.

You guys play a large role in what is perceived by the community as gospel, so I suggest you start to act within your own rules or you may find yourselves tied up in a debacle that you shouldn't necessarily be involved in, and most definitely do not want to be.

If this information is needed in the future by anybody it will be supplied to whoever would like it.

And for now you have inhibited more than a dozen separate skydivers form receiving information on incidents, rigging and other subjects, our rigger from reading details on rigging advisories etc.

Not cool!

I suggest you implement a more satisfactory method of inhibiting certain users from using the forums. You are saying that you will ban a whole DZ for the actions of one person... Unacceptable.

Yes you can decide who can and who cannot participate in discussions with the broad nature of your disclaimer, but the more you lose your integrity and shift from the interests of the skydivers to the companies that advertise with you, the less traction any discussions on this website have to everybody.

It is a shame that ego and failure to see the bigger picture has replaced common sense and dignity.

Why not just sign the letter or offer some legitimate assurance and this will become a lot clearer to you.

Because we don't need to bow down to users in order to make our decisions.

I was informed that it is not possible for the DZ.com management to sign such a statement. That is false, lazy or ignorant, you decide.

Lazy. The answer is lazy. I don't care who you are, you are not going to get us running around to fit your desires. I'll tell you straight that no one outside of the team room would get your identity information, but if you think we're going to spend the time drafting, printing, scanning documents so that you can post, you are wrong.

It is quite clear that DZ.com are more interested in looking after the commercial interests of advertisers rather than allowing completely open dialogue of subjects pertaining to the actions of these entities.

What? I fail to see how advertising comes into this at all. In fact you're being treated quite leniently compared to how your username would have been handled prior to the site gaining advertising. When Sangiro originally was primarily active in the management in the beginning, I can assure you he wouldn't have entertained your requests. As he always says "Dropzone.com isn't a democracy".

My offer of supplying my personal details still stands, if you can provide assurance that the DZ.com will not provide that information to anyone else.

Look, the burden doesn't land on us. If you want to post here you must do what is needed to. If you're unwilling, your posting privileges will be removed, it's quite simple.

Rhys was banned for discussing Airtec's false claims in their official bulletin that is what prompted me to make an account to continue that message; we are a tight crew here.

Yes my views are similar and we are friends, but that does not make us the same person.

I am a separate individual and deserve my own opportunity to present my views, these views are pertinent to how the whole community views the AAD situation.

So you're saying you want to carry on in the manner of something that a user was banned for? That's not a very promising start for you.

And in regards to the bolded part: You agree that this is private property and you are our guest, and that Dropzone.com reserves the right to delete any message. Membership on Dropzone.com is a privilege, not a right.

You guys play a large role in what is perceived by the community as gospel, so I suggest you start to act within your own rules or you may find yourselves tied up in a debacle that you shouldn't necessarily be involved in, and most definitely do not want to be.

That sounds like a threat to me, cute. I think you'll find that majority of people are perfectly happy with the moderation on dz.com and that it's only a select few who have felt that they have been unjustly punished.

If a moderator performs an action that is controversial, one can contact [email protected] and discuss the matter. If it is seen that a moderator stepped out of line, we're always willing to have a word with them and reverse the decision.

And for now you have inhibited more than a dozen separate skydivers form receiving information on incidents, rigging and other subjects, our rigger from reading details on rigging advisories etc.

Not cool!

I suggest you implement a more satisfactory method of inhibiting certain users from using the forums. You are saying that you will ban a whole DZ for the actions of one person... Unacceptable.

You're right it's not cool, and you'd think that considering you knew the results of Rhys's posts, you'd refrain from continuing in that manner. If one user gets banned for something, you take over with the same posting nature and expect the same not to happen to you?

We respect people's opinions and do not want to only have one train of thought, but with that said - when a users posts deteriorate the nature of a thread and start focusing on people and not the topic at hand they are likely to get a warning. If they continue, that is grounds for removal.

If anyone else at your dropzone is banned that is entirely your fault for continuing to post in a way that you knew gets users banned.

It is a shame that ego and failure to see the bigger picture has replaced common sense and dignity.

The bigger picture? To me, so far it has appeared that someone was banned, a close friend came along and tried to take over from where the other friend was. Call me crazy, but continuing with that extrapolation, that user getting banned would be a logical progression.

With that said, I do not moderate outside of spam and let the moderators do their jobs and if they come to me saying a user has broken the forum rules and request that they be disabled I cater to that request and because of this, I do not know the exact details of Rhys's banning and the exact offences you have committed. But I was made aware that you were attacking users. So even if we were to believe you're a separate character, you'd be warned for your offences and need to change the general act of attacking users and need to take a turn from the posting style that got Rhys banned.

Lazy. The answer is lazy. I don't care who you are, you are not going to get us running around to fit your desires.

Yet you are prepared to spend more time getting that last word in to protect your buddies.

Rhys was simply stating that Airtec lied in a safety bulletin, he was banned for doing so.

I did the same. And you are telling me that I should not do what he was doing…

You are telling me to shut up not to behave… there is a difference.

You can throw your weight around all you like, but the fact remains.

All this is to protect Airtec.

Rhys was banned for talking about it, neither you, nor bill nor anyone could give any reason why they were banned, you just did it and fell silent.

I decided that people ought to know that Airtec lied, I still do. You act as if we have been throwing false accusations around and making personal attacks, when it is quite the contrary.

That sounds like a threat to me, cute. I think you'll find that majority of people are perfectly happy with the moderation on dz.com and that it's only a select few who have felt that they have been unjustly punished.

Threat? No, not from me I have no reason to make a lawsuit against you.

But in case you have not been keeping tabs, Aviacom have been financially affected in the realms of millions of dollars and have informed us all of the law suit they propose based on anti competitive behaviour.

This anti competitive behaviour has been pointed out by many individuals on the website DZ.com of which you administer, and people such as myself have been banned for pointing out the very weaknesses of the arguments you and your team have been teaching the readers as gospel.

DZ.com is obstructing justice by banning and making a mockery of people that have the audacity to point out simple flaws in the perceptions being delivered on the subject.

I would say without question that these forums will play a great part in the outcome of these trials.

I was simply implying that you should be a little more careful.

The bigger picture? To me, so far it has appeared that someone was banned, a close friend came along and tried to take over from where the other friend was. Call me crazy, but continuing with that extrapolation, that user getting banned would be a logical progression.

LOL, I never thought that telling the truth was a crime?

Good luck with your disinformation database.

With that said, I do not moderate outside of spam and let the moderators do their jobs and if they come to me saying a user has broken the forum rules and request that they be disabled I cater to that request and because of this, I do not know the exact details of Rhys's banning and the exact offences you have committed. But I was made aware that you were attacking users.

LOL

Maybe you should get some sort of evidence from your buddies before you take their word.

I have not mad a personal attack, have never been warned for one and if anything I have been attacked by and made an example out of by the couple of dozen people that have commandeered your forum.

If you ensured that you moderators followed the rules, and ensured that others followed the rules, you would probably not have the Dorkzone.com label running around and you would attract more patronage to the site making it more attractive to advertisers.

I challenge you to point out where I have attacked another member of the forum. You are not just covering the lies of your advertisers now; you are covering the lies of you associates.

It seems you are unaware of the extent of the actions of you associates.

Meanwhile you punish people that have nothing to do with the conversations with some weak ass excuse for not actually having the ability to control each user individually.

Yet you are prepared to spend more time getting that last word in to protect your buddies.

You'll find that I am not out to protect anyone, and my correspondence with the moderators is limited.

As I stated, I do not know the details of the circumstances of each post, it is my job to trust the moderators general decisions. And while I don't owe you any explanation or transparency I will provide it none the less.

I was part of the discussion to ban Rhys and my first question to the moderators was "has he actually broken any rules?", as I want to avoid banning people for unpopular opinion. It was then that I was supplied information as to his posting and banning history. He had been banned several times over the months prior in various forums for personal attacks on users, he received private messages from the moderators asking him to tone it down, he responded aggressively and refused to change what he was doing. As a result a final ban was the last option. The conspiracy theories were merely a small part of the decision and the personal attacks and the unwillingness to co-operate was what got him banned.

This has nothing to do with 'protecting Airtec' and I haven't even visited that thread. If you're unaware, Rhys was banned from the photo forum and speakers corner first for his behaviour prior to his username being disabled. So this is definitely not a case of trying to shut anyone up.

Threat? No, not from me I have no reason to make a lawsuit against you.

And we have no worries about any lawsuits as any decent lawyer would see that we cannot be held responsible for anyone's opinion posted on the forum and that we cannot be held liable for moderating on our site as we see fit.

With all that said, personally I do believe you are not Rhys and I do want to work at getting the IP ban possibly removed. But at the same time, if someone continues to post in the same vain as Rhys did that got him banned, they too will find themselves in that situation.

You're trying to say that we censor people with a different opinion and yet Rhys is the only account I've been asked to disable that was a user related to that thread. It's funny how then all the others have the same opinion.

As I mentioned before, if anyone has any objections to moderators actions they're welcomed to e-mail support and discuss why they feel as though they were wrongly banned.

This has nothing to do with 'protecting Airtec' and I haven't even visited that thread.

I suggest that you do that immediately!

And we have no worries about any lawsuits as any decent lawyer would see that we cannot be held responsible for anyone's opinion posted on the forum and that we cannot be held liable for moderating on our site as we see fit.

But you can be held liable for the moderators deleting posts, delivering opinions and subduing any to the contrary, this is the main centre for dialogue on the subject internationally so to think that manipulating the content of that discussion is not complicity is a mistake.

This may seem delusional if you see this from the ignorant standpoint of not knowing what has been said, but once you look at it from a prosecutors standpoint the actions of using the whistle-blowing content on that conversation as a catalyst of banning individuals and groups from partaking in the discussion any further, then you see how you become complicit.

Screenshots have been taken by multiple users of posts pertinent to the subject that disappeared, or so they have told us anyway.

It is clear that Airtec lied, nobody seems to want to face the truth of that, including you and your mods, but the evidence is plain to see.

That is the only point we have tried to put across in the topic though that is seen as some type of crime, attracted much opposition and is the only reason we are having this conversation.

Otherwise I have done nothing wrong and you have blocked a bunch of people for simply pointing out an unavoidable truth.

You and I have wasted too much of our time already so we might as well stop.

If you wish to continue to block a whole (rapidly growing) dropzone of over a dozen skydivers because your egotistical moderators are not entirely honest with you, then that is your prerogative.

What is quite clear is that you really need to take more interest in what it is that you are supposed to be administering.

:
In Reply To
This has nothing to do with 'protecting Airtec' and I haven't even visited that thread.

I suggest that you do that immediately!

It would probably be worth you while readng through the traah can. There is an archive in there of who is deleting what to cover thier tracks...

you can be held liable for the moderators deleting posts, delivering opinions and subduing any to the contrary,

Really? Under what recognized legal principle (in any country)? It's a private website; and they don't have "access contracts" with any members; nor is censoring a person an act of defamation. So I don't see a legal cause of action any banned member might have against the management, either as some manner of "breach of contract" theory or a tort theory (like defamation). Legally, members are not entitled to equal access or fair access any more than they are entitled to access to a tree house in my back yard. If the management wanted, say, to arbitrarily censor the posts of everyone with green eyes, or everyone who posted opinions expressing a dislike of vegemite, then legally there isn't a damn thing for which they might be "liable" to anyone.

Now maybe there's a principle of law in South Africa, or Canada, or New Zealand, that I'm unaware of and is contrary to what I've said. If so, by all means, post it.

Ethical issues and legal issues sometimes overlap by happenstance, but they are not the same thing. Don't get the two confused.

It is clear that Airtec lied, nobody seems to want to face the truth of that, including you and your mods, but the evidence is plain to see.

Yep. Theres a massive conspiracy to cover up the fact that Airtec said there were no injuries, when in fact some guy actually got a bruise on his ass, and all the moderators on dropzone.com are in it up to their eyeballs!
__

My mighty steed

the cover up is more about airtec having the information that the sensors were faulty before they failed...

DZ.com are gong out of thier way to hide that..
This makes them complicit and many people know about that now.

This website is seriously corrupted...

People could have been killed and all anyone can think about is their pocket and their egos...

shameless,,,,

This website is seriously corrupted...

Thank goodness I am wearing a tin foil hat so none of that nasty corruption can be beamed into my skull via the super secret DZ.COM mind ray.

No good dead goes unpunished. A bunch of decent people volunteer to monitor this website for little or no compensation and they are accused of some vast conspiracy.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.