gus

Prescription goggles

I've noticed recently that when I'm tracking my goggles (which sit over my glasses) can move around quite a bit and can let in enough air to force me to close my eyes. I'm glad I didn't pack a mal on that one! It's not that they're not tight enough, it's just that they're quite bulky and catch the wind.
So my question is: does anyone out there jump with prescription goggles? From my Google search it seems the only choice is from SportRX but it looks like they will all effect your peripheral vision. Is that right?
Contacts aren't really an option, I get hayfever in the summer and it effects my eyes quite badly. If anyone has any cunning advice (no, I can't afford lasik :()feel free to pass it on.
Blues,
Gus
"If a man hasn't found something to die for, he isn't fit to live"
Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

I jump with sportRX goggles, and have done for around 300 jumps. The goggles I have DO NOT affect my peripheral vision, and are very similar to those goggles worn by regular jumpers. They have stood the test and are very cheap compared to the prices in the UK. My advice is to get a pair............

Over the years I have tried a variety of gas mask glasses, contact lenses, etc. but have worn basketball glasses for the last 2,000 jumps. Sorry I can't remember the brand name, but they look like racquet ball glasses, only with larger lenses. Kareem Abdul Jabar wears a similar pair, except that his lenses are round. Those thick, clear polycarbonate frames stand up well to the beating they take from students slamming my head into door frames and enthusiastic tossing pilotchutes. Yes, they do lose a bit of peripheral vision, but they keep most of the wind out. Just remember to smile in freefall. That presses your cheeks against the bottom of the frames.
Oh, last time I visited the optometrist's office he had these really cool looking sports glasses with black frames. They were lower profile than mine and should keep out even more wind. The disadvantage is they are so low profile that my long luscious lashes brush against the lenses. Life is tough when you are as beautiful as me!

I have 2 pair of SportRx the especially for skydiving ones.
Smoke and Amber for sunset loads. They do not affect your vision to the side.
The only thing is be careful, I keep mine in my gear bag and they get ruffed up a bit. But they have lasted me almost a year with no serious scratches. The foaming around the eye is the only thing that needed to be replaced often.
Clear Blue and Extra Alt,
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com