jsaxton

POPUP Ad, on Dorkzone, Really.....

I have a pop up blocker and im getting pop ups from the adds from fishers catch of the day. Can someone fix this...?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

As you probably know, we definitely don't endorse invasive ad products on the site and put forward the request for them to be removed as soon as they're reported.. I have forwarded this on to those in charge of the advertising.

Apologies for this.

Will send a second e-mail to those who handle the ads - will do our best to remove them ASAP.

Providing the ad details such as the URL string will be able to get rid of such ads quickest, though with this information given I'm sure we can work at getting them removed quickly.

I just got a pop-up ad from Scorecard Research.com. It's the first pop-up on DZ.com that's sneaked through since I switched to Firefox with Ad Blocker. FYI.

I just got one of those too... first that I can remember on DZ.com.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Since a couple of days I've been getting login prompts (!) from traveladvertising.com. Initially THREE times for every dz.com page visited with Opera, but installing Ghostery takes it down to "only" one per page.

Can this be fixed please?
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Screenie can be found here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~zoefsam/fonz/spamshot.jpg

This recently started occurring for *every* page loaded from dropzone.com. Clicking cancel only leads to a new prompt, after cancelling three times the page is finally displayed. Running Opera's Ghostery extension (with "bug" blocking enabled) reduces this to one prompt per page loaded.

Fonz

Strange... The fact that no one else has reported this makes me think it may be related to an issue your side, though from that screenshot, while I haven't used Opera much, it doesn't seem to be and seems to be associated with the data transfer of traveladvertising,com

I will go ahead and forward it to the ad department.

In the mean time, if anyone else experiences this problem please let me know!

You may need a registry cleaner...

Thanks for the suggestion but no, I don't. Registries are a Windows thing and I use something else.

However, the login prompts appear to be gone now.

I'm still somewhat curious as to what caused it in the first place because it just isn't supposed to happen. My educated guess though, is that it's more likely that some of Opera's internals don't function entirely properly on long continuous runs than that it's the advertiser's fault.

Thanks everybody.

Fonz

You may need a registry cleaner...

Thanks for the suggestion but no, I don't. Registries are a Windows thing and I use something else.

Even though you're using a different platform, is it possible that it's adware that needs to be cleaned?

Even though you're using a different platform, is it possible that it's adware that needs to be cleaned?

Possible? I suppose so.
Likely? Theoretically Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman could both fall in love with me and not mind sharing ;)

It's probably just something internal that goes wrong with Opera when it's kept running for a long time.

Fonz

I'm getting a pop-up add on every page I open. If I navigate anywhere within DZ.COM it waits a few beats then opens. I can close it but it is back each time I navigate to a page or back. I have not found a page here that it does not open with.