SkydiveJack

About a week ago I noticed that the advertisements on the top and sides of each page I am viewing have the following words and no ads-

In standard sized font- “Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html”

In large bold font- “500 Internal Server Error Content”

I don’t really care about the ads but I am wondering if there is something I picked up on the site that is screwing with my computer. I am using IE7 and have Norton AV.

Any ideas on what is happening? I appreciate anyone’s help.

We had a bug this week that may have had something to do with it, but it was fixed yesterday. And I'm only guessing on that, since the timing seems right. Are you still seeing it? If so, would you mind getting me a screen shot?

As for your concern, I'm pretty sure you haven't picked anything up. And if you did pick something up that blocks ads, let the rest of the users know. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :D:P

Hi Jay,

I am still seeing it, only on DZ.com. I will send you a screen shot if you tell me how. I can't seem to figure it out.:S

Strangely enough there was a small "Ads by Google" displaying a message basically saying- How to clear 500 Internal Server Error. Here is their link-

http://www.freeerrorscan.net/landing/error/error.php?t202kw=http%20500%20internal%20server%20error&m=e&c=3&lpip=538&gclid=CIa9p62YyJgCFQlrgwodsHnu1A

Any idea about this product?

Thanks,

Jack

Edit to add- After searching around I am starting to think the problem is on my end. Probably a registry problem. Maybe time for a clean up?

Maybe, but before you download anything, let's make sure it's not on the site's end. To get a screen shot:

1. Find your "Prnt Scrn" button (probably somewhere near the top right of your keyboard) and press that once.
2. Now open an image program, MS Paint will be fine (Start>>Programs>>Accessories>>MS Paint).
3. Then press Control and V and the same time to paste the screen shot.
4. Save this new file, and in the File Type field, be sure to select JPG, so you don't end up with a huge file.
5. Then just come back here and attach it to a post in this thread.

I'll take it back to the ad guys and see what they have to say about it.

Edit to add- After searching around I am starting to think the problem is on my end. Probably a registry problem. Maybe time for a clean up?

Please careful with a registry cleaning.

There are many reputable organizations that recommend against doing it. Especially beware of the ones that are advertised as "free scan". It doesn't mean that they will fix it fro free, just that they will scan for free. Some of these things install easily but are difficult to remove.

If you feel you must do a registry clean there are some that are reputable and really free. Get good advice on which one to use from someone that you know and trust to have the knowledge to advise you correctly.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Gracias, Jack. Nothing to report yet. Might not be till Monday. Thanks for taking time to help with this -- I really appreciate it.
J

Hi Jay,

Anything to report from your guys? The problem persists. Ocassionally I do get a normal ad in the top area but always the same error message in the ad bar to the left. No problem with any other web sites.

Thanks,

Jack

I think he's actually complaining that he is NOT getting any adds...:D

You’re basically right. But it's not that I WANT the ads. The point is that since they are missing and the error message (copied in the subject line of this thread) is displayed, I want to know if there is a problem with my computer. Believe me; I have been trying to figure this out.

Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

I still don't have an answer from the ad folk.

But, I just realized why none of my emails are being answered today. I'm supposed to be off work for President's Day. Crap. CRAP.

Oh well. Since there's nobody else reporting this, I have to think it's some combination of your end and ours, rather than anything exclusively on one or the other.

I still don't have an answer from the ad folk.

But, I just realized why none of my emails are being answered today. I'm supposed to be off work for President's Day. Crap. CRAP.

Oh well. Since there's nobody else reporting this, I have to think it's some combination of your end and ours, rather than anything exclusively on one or the other.

I agree that since nobody else is reporting this the problem is probably on my end and it is causing the loss of ads when I view DZ.com. But it only happens on this site. No panic or rush. But I will appreciact it if the web experts can give me an idea on what my problem is.

Thanks!

And enjoy your day off!!!!!
:ph34r: