Squeak

Chest straps

this is a video taken last weekend at a wingsuit/freefly boogie here in OZ the Dude in Red is the legend that is TJ Landgred.

So it's not place place to question a guy of his experience and skill, but Im going to.

So my question is, does anyone else have an issue with TJs chest strap.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't you lose some of your cool points if you have to stop in the middle of your sick dock to pull the left side of your rig back onto your shoulder? (I actually don't know the answer to this since I've never actually gotten any cool points for my skydives)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So my question is, does anyone else have an issue with TJs chest strap.

Yeah, it's too loose. I'm willing to bet that it was a mistake, not the way he wears it all the time. You can see that it bothers him to have his rig coming off his shoulder because he takes the time to hike it back up there. I cannot believe that a jumper with that amount of experience (and sponsorship) would just 'live with' a rig that didn't fit prorperly and regularly came off his shoulder.

On another note, EVERYTHING is backwards in OZ, it's crazy! The door is on the wrong side, and the ground and the sky are weird colors. Looks like a cool place.

Yeah, it's too loose. I'm willing to bet that it was a mistake, not the way he wears it all the time. You can see that it bothers him to have his rig coming off his shoulder because he takes the time to hike it back up there.

Right, but then he goes back into his track position again, arms behind him, and lets it slip off his shoulder again. Excuse me! If your rig is sliding off your fucking back onto your arms, quit tracking and get your arms out beside or in front of you to hold your rig in place! Doh!

Yeah, it's too loose. I'm willing to bet that it was a mistake, not the way he wears it all the time. You can see that it bothers him to have his rig coming off his shoulder because he takes the time to hike it back up there.

Right, but then he goes back into his track position again, arms behind him, and lets it slip off his shoulder again. Excuse me! If your rig is sliding off your fucking back onto your arms, quit tracking and get your arms out beside or in front of you to hold your rig in place! Doh!

His rig is not coming off him. It's sliding off 1 shoulder. It's not great, and it obviously is bothering him, but he's not falling out of it.
Remster

Just a hunch but I think TJ knows what he is doing (well over 10k jumps). He might be crazy, but he doesn't want to die. I am sure if he thought he was in any kind of danger he would act accordingly.

But I am sure he would love to hear your concerns, why not hit him up on facebook and let him know how you are right and he is going to kill himself.

Just a hunch but I think TJ knows what he is doing (well over 10k jumps). He might be crazy, but he doesn't want to die. I am sure if he thought he was in any kind of danger he would act accordingly.

But I am sure he would love to hear your concerns, why not hit him up on facebook and let him know how you are right and he is going to kill himself.

Could have been worse. At least he's not wearing a killer hoodie.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Just a hunch but I think TJ knows what he is doing (well over 10k jumps). He might
>be crazy, but he doesn't want to die. I am sure if he thought he was in any kind of
>danger he would act accordingly.

I am sure Tom Piras, Sandy Wambach, Rob Harris etc thought similar things just before they died - and they knew what they were doing as well as, or better than, TJ did. 10K jumps will not make a 120mph impact any more survivable; the laws of physics have little respect for experience or time in sport.

Just got a chance to watch the vid.

Don't much care who he is... IMPO, its wrong and should be pointed out. The rig and the ground won't care who he was either...

Its not the last 10,000 jumps you survived that matters, its surviving the next one.

I've got 20+ years, and if you see I've got a problem with my rig, say/ask something. (yea, be polite) Other than politeness, I don't care what experience you have (or don't have). One or both of us might learn something by your asking.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...