Darius11

Sending out friend request with out actually sending them out.

I don't think it's a big deal. You could just delete the friends on your friend list if you wanted to.

Interesting situation though. Every time I sent a request for a friend, I got a box saying the request was sent to that user for approval.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sounds like silly shit to me,,,aren't we all skydiving friends here, even tho we all haven't met ? Do we need to send little invites ? [:/] I don't know ...feels kiddie like to engage in this,,isnt Myspace and facebook and all that opn the downward slope..my .02 sorry

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Sounds like silly shit to me,,,aren't we all skydiving friends here, even tho we all haven't met ? Do we need to send little invites ? [:/] I don't know ...feels kiddie like to engage in this,,isnt Myspace and facebook and all that opn the downward slope..my .02 sorry

Yeah, it does seem a bit frivolous. All it really does is tell you when your friends on the list are online. You do have the option of turning off the friends list feature. Nobody can ask you to be their friend if you do.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You do have the option of turning off the friends list feature. Nobody can ask you to be their friend if you do.

In Speaker's Corner, we should have an "Enemies" feature. :D Might look something like this:

Nosepicker has sent you a special "Asshat Shout-out". Do you wish to accept?

I don't think it's a big deal. You could just delete the friends on your friend list if you wanted to.

No Big deal at all. Just reporting the error as I was told to by a moderator.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

They are social networking sites -- You can categorize your friends on them: Coworkers, family, friends, accquaintices, 'camp buddies', school classmates, etc.

That way, you can keep the "skydiving event" buddies separate from your regular friends.

These sites can be used for such purposes, and it is pretty common to use these sites for this type of organizing. It's a great party-organizing, reunion-organizing, or event-organizing tool. However, accomodations should be made to stay in touch with people who prefer not to be members of a social networking site such as facebook...

Actually, it's possible to organize an event without becoming friends of each other: You just create a 'group' or 'event' and invite them to the event -- without needing to "Friend" them. (Facebook provides instructions on how to do this, if some people prefer things be organized this way)

Just now I got this too.

I was browsing Quades topic in SC about "How long would the opposite of this exist? Oh yeah, two days." when DZ.com opened a new browser tab (IE 7.0) stating that my "friendship request to Shropshire has been sent".
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Is it possible you accidentally hit the little Friend button under his or her username on the left of his or her forum post? Go back to that and see if there's a post by Shropshire. If there is, I bet that's what happened. If not, let me know here and I'll bugify it.

On RC.com a couple years ago we had a member complaining that we had deleted all his posts. Turns out he found a way to accidentally killfile himself. :D

Yes, there was a post by him in that thread.
I could have hit the friend button, I guess..

But isn't there some kind of 'do you wish to continue' message or sunnink?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I've gotten two "xxx... has accepted your Friend request" messages in the past three days -- without (consciously) having asked. This has never happened to me before -- ever since the "Friends" thingie was added.
So I wonder idly if something weird is going on.
No big deal -- I just "unfriended" them. (One was DSEB|.)

HW