tombuch

Mark as Read Not Always Working

When using Firefox with Windows XP the 'mark as read' command doesn't always work. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I find that I can mark all threads and the screen shows that has been done, but when I return I'm presented with threads and posts I've already read as being new. I'm generally in the "Skydiving" cluster, and that's where I notice the problem about 10% of the time.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Do you let Firefox accept all cookies (no windows pop up saying "site wants to set a cookie") or do you pick and choose? If you have told Firefox to only keep dropzone.com cookies for the current session, that might be part of the problem.

To check, Tools menu->Options->Privacy icon->Cookies tab. Make sure "Allow sites to set cookies" is checked. Click on the "Exceptions" button
and if www.dropzone.com or dropzone.com is in the list, make sure it says "Allow". "Allow for Session" or "Block" won't work.

Also on the Cookies tab, if the "Keep cookies" drop-down is set to "until they expire", that's OK. If it's set to "until I close Firefox", that won't work. If it's set to "ask every time", that will work, but you'll get a window whenever a site wants to set a cookie.

This is probably not the problem, but you might want to make sure the clock on your computer is set to the correct time and date.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Do you let Firefox accept all cookies (no windows pop up saying "site wants to set a cookie") or do you pick and choose? If you have told Firefox to only keep dropzone.com cookies for the current session, that might be part of the problem.

To check, Tools menu->Options->Privacy icon->Cookies tab. Make sure "Allow sites to set cookies" is checked. Click on the "Exceptions" button
and if www.dropzone.com or dropzone.com is in the list, make sure it says "Allow". "Allow for Session" or "Block" won't work.

Also on the Cookies tab, if the "Keep cookies" drop-down is set to "until they expire", that's OK. If it's set to "until I close Firefox", that won't work. If it's set to "ask every time", that will work, but you'll get a window whenever a site wants to set a cookie.

This is probably not the problem, but you might want to make sure the clock on your computer is set to the correct time and date.

Eule

Cookies are kept until they expire, and the clock is correct. It's something else.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy