PhreeZone

Broken indexing

Is there any chance that the fourms will be reindexed to include in the search the posts from about late January of '06 until midsummer? Currently there are about 3 months worth of posts that are not searchable and indexed.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Since about May, the problem with the index has come up about once a month: May June July August September October

If it's not going to be fixed, how about a note on the search page that it's broken?

Eule

Alternatively we can remove the search function alltogether for now....

This rerquires us to take the sitte down for 2 hours or longer. We wanted to do the upgrades we just did first. I've taken note of this and we'll get to it in order of priority.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

It stil does not find all posts. How do I know? If I go to the the search page and put "Only show posts made by: skydiverek" it returns 1122 posts. But in threads, under my avatar, it says "Posts: 1216".

:S

Doesn't necessarily mean the indexing is broken.

Have you ever posted to a thread that got deleted or moved to the Recycle Bin? Multiple posts on one such thread? I'm reasonably sure that is why my numbers "disagree".

Sure, indexing may not be 100%, but if I was to make a bet, it would be on the above scenario.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

We ran a patch for this. Looks to me like this is fixed.

I did a search for my own posts and all of them in that date range seem to have reappeared. As far as I can tell, it's working correctly now.

Thanks!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.