Girlfalldown

Erratic search malfunction

I'm still having issues whenever I do a search. If I search my own username in the subject line it only gives me some of the posts with my name in it but not all of the posts.

Yeah, I search for myself to see if anyone's talking about me. :D

Just thought I'd mention it. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

What a lonely post! Its just been siiting here all by itself with no one to talk to.

Maybe it should have read "Erotic Search Malfunction"

Hey! This is Error and Bug Reports you naughty boy! No posting dirty things in here. Now go to my room!

--------------

I "second" this complaint.

I was trying to find one of my postings a few days ago, using a keyword search. And the search function failed to find the target. I eventually kept trying different keywords until it located the message. And once there, the previous keywords I had been using were contained in there all along. But for some reason, the search feature didn't find 'em.

If this is something that requires periodic indexing, it's time to refresh it.

Haha, you're the lucky one.
I do not even receive one result about myself.....It seems nobody loves (knows) me.
:|

I just tried to search with your name in the search string and only got a few. If you change the date to search you get more but nothing really recent.

Also, when I search all posts made by you it shows only 3251 but your profile shows that you've made 3297 posts. Did you delete 46 posts? Or was a thread of yours deleted? Do those still count in the final number?

For me it's 9022 vs 9122. I wonder if I've had 100 posts deleted. Doubtful.

Dammit! How are we supposed to find out when people are talking about us? :D

Sangiro! SAVE US!

I "second" this complaint.

I was trying to find one of my postings a few days ago, using a keyword search. And the search function failed to find the target. I eventually kept trying different keywords until it located the message. And once there, the previous keywords I had been using were contained in there all along. But for some reason, the search feature didn't find 'em.

If this is something that requires periodic indexing, it's time to refresh it.

Yeah, someone posted with my name in the post body so I knew it was really there. Then I did a search and it didn't come up. It's baffling!

--------------

all my posts after january of this year have disapeared from search. :S

AOL*. I searched my own posts and one I just made shows up, but beyond that, the latest one that shows up is from 13 Jan 2006. I searched on another user who just registered in March 2006 and none of his posts show up in the search results. Time to rebuild the ol' index, as has been noted.

Eule

* "Me too."
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.