darrell

Firelite Reserve

All reserves must pass TSO, so as long as it was manufactured under the latest TSO it's reliability and quality are the same as any other reserve (unless other reserves are tested past TSO...?). Don't know about "manners," but in addition to that you may want to check with your rigger to see what he/she thinks of packing it into your rig.......
Blues, squares,
PTiger
*insert witty sig here*

Yes, Firelite reserves work and they are duly TSOed, etc. Just be careful of your weight.
Back when Firelites were fashionable main canopies, I did a few jumps on a Firelite main. It opened and flew fine, but I did not enjoy the landings. Despite weighing 170 pounds naked and doing stand-up landings in the pea gravel bowl, my ankles always experienced shooting pains. Conclusion, at 170 pounds, I was too heavy to jump a Firelite. This is not a critque of Firelites specifically, rather it points out weight limitations on any small reserve.
While more modern reserves - like PDs and Amigos - may flare a bit better, it is still unwise to exceed wing loadings of 1 pound per square foot on reserves.