dragon2

"copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox

Yeah, that's actually been brought up before (I don't think in its own thread, but within a different thread). The same conclusion was reached. "its a quirk with how Nutscrape interpets code, but still not bad enough to go back to IE.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text. Pretty annoying (but not annoying enough to go back to IE though)

Hi Sangiro,

this problem is very annoying. Can't you do something about that? What exactly is the problem?

Max

Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text. Pretty annoying (but not annoying enough to go back to IE though)

I used to have the same problem with Opera. Latest version(8.52 for Mac) adds the tags in the middle of the text.B|

I seem to remember trying to write some code that had the same functionality, but the functions needed for it were not ECMA-script standard functions so FF doesn't implement them. I might be wrong, it was quite a while ago.

Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text.

Use markup code instead of using the clickable smileys and buttons and that problem is solved. A way better solution than going back to IE! :D

I do miss the "copy shortcut" link though.

Looks like that part's now working correctly. Now all we need is the "copy shortcut" link.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The "Copy Shortcut" link is not even displayed on Firefox because the forum software is seeing your user agent string as a Firefox browser. If it sees an IE string, it will show the "Copy Shortcut' link. (I confirmed this by changing my user agent string in firefox to reflect an IE9 string, and the link showed up) The reason for this is because Firefox (as well as many other browsers) does not allow access to the systems clipboard.

There ARE ways around it, that shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but frankly, I doubt that the site mgmt would even be interested in 'fixing' it.... and it COULD be a security hole, as it requires a shockwave flash file to make it work. (Break out your foil hats)

Too bad I don't have access to the sites' files, as I would probably fix it just because I miss that damn link too!>:(

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

No need for flash - it's much simpler than that.

See the last couple lines of my post here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4090530#4090530

That's another way to skin the cat, but... doubtful that it will be implemented.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message