AggieDave

Connection Refused

HH, I'm on DZ.com today due to an IP workaround (funny story, I can explain that later), but when going to the site using the domain name I get a connection refused every single time and have since last night.

The bitch of it is I can ping and trace to DZ.com with absolutely no problems.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm using the DZ.com IP, I borrowed the source code for the login page, changed all the domain names to the IP and from there on out, the site will use the IP addy in all the subsequent clicks (mostly).

If it was the DNS server on my end then the tracert and the ping wouldn't have resolved...

Hey, I just realized it is a nutscrape (netscape) problem, the site loads no prob in IE for me...weird.

Annnnnnnd now its working fine.

Aparently either A) I'm a dumbass, B) it was a weird quirk or C) all of the above.

Are you using the DZ.com IP or using a work-arounf on your IP? The DZ.com IP address changed last night due to server upgrades.

It's definately something centered around the IE browser versus other browsers. I had switched to Netscape 6 months ago because of all the security issues. For the last 2 days I've been getting the "Connection refused" when trying to get here with Netscape, but with MS IE I get in.

Were your server updates from Microsoft...?
A male pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's flying, and about flying when he's with a woman.

Well, wherever the updates came from, it's not just happening at dropzone.com. Talenttree.com is doing something similiar, but you get some error messages - wait - just checked again, now it's working (I notified them earlier today).

I've done no updates for months to Netscape.

Computers - wonderful when they work......
A male pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's flying, and about flying when he's with a woman.