TomAiello

"Unable to index..."

I just got this error when trying to post:

A fatal error has occurred:
Unable to index 1 posts in forum_Post starting with id: 1139325. Error: Lock obtain timed out

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I imagine it's a "too many people" type error, but I dunno. Figured you'd want to know.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

HH, this is a different error, the thread you locked is atleast.

I'm getting it to, its not the normal "timed out" type errors. This is giving red text above the text boxes on the post screen, "Unable to connect to index server"

After doing the normal fixes, waiting and reposting/refreshing, it says that it posts, but the post doesn't appear nor the thread that I posted about 30 minutes ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm getting it to, its not the normal "timed out" type errors. This is giving red text above the text boxes on the post screen, "Unable to connect to index server"

After doing the normal fixes, waiting and reposting/refreshing, it says that it posts, but the post doesn't appear nor the thread that I posted about 30 minutes ago.

Hey, HH...this is the same thing that I PM'd you about. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

The key wordd here is index. It's the same issue, just a different message. It's the search server. Should be resolved for now. It was down and I restarted it. Let me know if you still get it.

Still have to figure out why it was down in the first place.

The error that has people locked out is the search server as well when the load gets to high, but before it shuts down...
Safe swoops
Sangiro