wmw999

Talkback broken?

The HTML is there for the usually-linkable forum title
("Talk Back
Gone skydiving. ~ sangiro ")
and it's not in the pull-down list when you want to jump from forum to forum.

Too much postwhoring?
Wendy
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Whoops I thought I was banned, I was just typing a nice little thread. I've never been banned and was a little nervous.

*awaits the new improved Talkback* or *Mourns the loss of my old playground* which ever.. You pick HH B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Nicely done HH. You'll probably catch some flak for it - but who cares? Sometimes when the party gets out of control, you have to kick everyone out of your house. Don't blame you at all, and don't care if Talkback never returns.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Funny part to me is the new replies in Talkback keep going up.. But none of us seem to be able to access it.

Oh well.. I'm off .. cya

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ya know, I think it says something that there have only been 180 views of this thread, when this is the place to report problems. I'll bet there were as many views of the abortive threads on other forums.:S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ditto
HH does an awsome job of running this site and mopre pl should realise how much time effort and money is needed just to keep it open, If HH deems that the several thousand mindless threads per day are to be no more, then Sa La Vie (sp)
(or in Aussie lingo, "Ya get That");)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ditto
HH does an awsome job of running this site and mopre pl should realise how much time effort and money is needed just to keep it open, If HH deems that the several thousand mindless threads per day are to be no more, then Sa La Vie (sp)
(or in Aussie lingo, "Ya get That")

Amen.
People on here think they're entitled to having the Talkback forum, and doing what they want with it. Start your own site if that's what you want.

And people who jump the greenies' ass - give 'em a break, they don't get paid for this. They're donating their time to this site, which is probably more than you'll ever do. They're supplying all the house, the food, and the beer for this party - and you want to stink up the place.

Now's a good time to Donate! Maybe HH can even buy the greenies a case of beer or two so they can enjoy their lay-off! :D
Actually, I'm think of starting a 'keep talkback closed!' fund and a 'reopen talkback!' fund - whichever has the most money wins! :D

Heh, and I thought I some how got banned.

same for me... sent a PM to HH and asked if it was just me or everybody... just replied everybody
i'm a :)
but I think we can live without Talk Back, it's a skydiving site...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I hope the drop off in the post count doesn't affect the paid advertising he gets from gear stores and equipment manufacturers who pay for the top of the screen banners and the like. With fewer people checking the site as often, because talkback was the most popular forum, the ads aren't seen as much. [:/]

I agree with Wildblue.

If the talkback forum were up I'd start a poll on who all wanted to just get rid of it all together. :D

That forum alone probably costs him more money on bandwidth than any of the other other forums, and it is by far the most useless waste of bandwidth on the whole site.

I say get rid of it, sangiro. That should save you enough money for a couple extra jumps each month, and this site's main draw could actually be for things relating to skydiving again.

:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

I hope the drop off in the post count doesn't affect the paid advertising he gets from gear stores and equipment manufacturers who pay for the top of the screen banners and the like. With fewer people checking the site as often, because talkback was the most popular forum, the ads aren't seen as much. [:/]

I doubt Talkback was paying for itself anyway.

I can assure you I don't have enough advertisers to even buy all the impressions on the topical forums let alone Talk Back. This will not impact them at all. Their ads will simply be displayed in more relevant forums and not get diluted by a bunch of displays in a forum talking about one irerelevant topic after the other.

Further - this forum is for bug reports and I have no intention of turning it into the place where people can sound off about how they think things should be done. This is not a bug report so I'm locking this thread.
Safe swoops
Sangiro