franck102

Can't modify my profile

After logging in, if I click myDZ->Modify my Profile I get this:

"You can not modify this record. You can only edit your own profile."

If I click Forum Settings then My Profile I get to change email addresses & browsing preferences, but not names/dz/jump number info.

Any suggestion?

Thanks! Franck

Every time I have a problem on the site, I'm usually able to fix it with this one mantra "clear your cookies, and try again", and it's worked every time so far. So, clear your cookies, close your browser and then log back in and see what happens.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I tried to clear all my cookies and restarting, same problem. I even installed Netscape 7 and tried it, same result.

I log in as franck102, click "myDZ", then "Modify profile" and I get
"You can not modify this record. You can only edit your own profile."

I'm out of ideas, any help welcome!

Thanks - Franck

And BTW, "View my Profile" returns

"Your search returned 0 matches"

and no profile... so it really looks like my profile got lost somewhere.

Also. I used non alphanumerical characters in my password (read the registration screen too fast), maybe that's what's confusing the script... and I can't find how to change it now.

Well, that nickname sucked anyway, so maybe I'll just go ahead and re-register...

Franck

Dragging an old thread up, I can't look at his profile either, only the short page. It says this user doesn't have one.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have something to add to this. When I try to modify my profile, it logs me out. Before I start a new threadI thought I would check to see if it is just me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Try changing your profile by logging into the forums and clicking "Edit Profile" it the Forums toolbar.

The "My DZ" link never worked right for me, but the forum one has never failed me.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Franck and Robert,

I've manually created a profile for each of you. I've also changed your passwords to remove all special characters. This is what caused your profiles not to be created. When you register I ask that you use alphanumeric characters only in your passwords.... So, log in with your old password but omit all special characters that you used to have in there (eg. /-!@#$%.,*& etc)

Then go to your profile in input all the information. Some of the fields have been populated with mock data.

Let me know if you have problems.
Safe swoops
Sangiro