Michele

Profile Lookup problem

Hi, HH...

Dunno if it's me, or if it's something else, but if I try to look up someone's profile, I get the error/session expired/login needed page, even if I've already been logged on (posting, etc.). I've also gotten other code kinda things (yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about re: computers), a whole page of stuff. And no, I don't know how to screen capture...LOL. Just thought I should fyi you.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

To screen capture:

Hit PrintScreen (yeah, nothing happens)
open Paint or some other graphics program, hit CTRL+Insert, the image that was present when you hit Print Screen will appear
Click File - Save As, enter a filename and note the location of the file, whalla...

--
Hook high, flare on time

Geez, well, I found the printscreen button (prt scrn) but have no idea about graphics program. Notepad isn't a graphics program, is it? LOL...I am inept.

thanks, hot Pete....;) Now I have to figure out if I have a graphics program.....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Geez, well, I found the printscreen button (prt scrn) but have no idea about graphics program. Notepad isn't a graphics program, is it? LOL...I am inept.

thanks, hot Pete....;) Now I have to figure out if I have a graphics program.....

No problem, you should have paint. IIRC, start - programs - accessories - Paint

--
Hook high, flare on time

Hey, this is happening to me, too! First I went to the Home page and clicked on "skydivers" to look up a full profile. I got this:

Dropzone: Login Error
Login Error
Oops, there was a problem logging into the system: invalid/expired user session.

Please try logging in again, or lookup your password if you forgot it.
User ID:
Password:
Remember Login

So then I went to the forums and tried clicking on a "full profile" link in a post...same screen.
Skydiving is for cool people only

They worked yesterday just fine...

Amazing what can happen in 24 hours! ;)

Should be fixed now. I'm doing housecleaning in the back and it seems like I trashed a table that used to track sessions for the old forums and the login script was still looking for that to validate whether you are logged in and have the permissions to view data from the profiles database.... yes?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I thought it was the old "clear your cookies" problem, so I did that before I read this thread. At first, I was getting the "invalid log in" when I clicked on someone's profile. Now after I deleted the cookies, I get my own Welcome page when I click on other people's profiles. And now it looks like I'm logged on as "Guest" for some reason!
This is Skymama, by the way.

Haha....well, now that I closed the window and logged back in again, everything is fixed. But, I can't go back and delete my post under "guest". Strange things for first thing in the morning! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon