dmddave

Spectre

Definately PRO pack it. PRO pack is usually faster and takes up less hangar space. It also puts the canopy in the proper orientation for opening. Don't roll the nose unless you want about a 1000ft snivel. I have a triathalon and I just leave the nose wide open when I pack it and get about 600ft snivels and very soft openings. When I jump a Spectre 150 I keep the nose open and pack it exactly the same as my tri. You will love the spectre, it is a joy to fly and has always opened soft for me. The worst thing about that canopy will be controlling the fabric while packing as new PD zero-p fabric is pretty slippery. Have fun with your new canopy.
Blue Skies and soft openings,
Adam

I'm waiting for my first canopy to arrive-a new spectre. Anyone have any good advice on packing this canopy such as flat pack, PRO pack rolling the nose etc?

First suggestion: Have somebody else pack it the first few jumps. Most people PRO pack it as I do. I've rolled the nose a couple of times, 3 & 3 and left the center cell hanging, pushed in the end cells without rolling and leaving the center exposed, or just push the nose in and continue to pack. It depends, I guess. The best thing that works lately is the cute British chick that is packing it now. :)

PRO pack rolling the nose etc

I've got 50 jumps on my spectre 170 and I just love it.
:):)I dont roll the nose you get plenty of snivel without
that. I was told to leave the nose open, not even
pushing it in too far for the first 100 jumps or so.
Make sure the slider is evenly quartered.
have fun getting it in the bag :)Andrew