Kris

Heatwave Demo?

I'm looking for a new canopy and have heard good things about PISA's elliptical, the Heatwave. I can find no address information for PISA. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Heatwave 190 to demo?
Thanks!
Kris

Kris said:
I would but I'm at a small DZ in Oklahoma where almost everyone jumps PD canopies. I would try a Cobalt but the biggest they make is a 170 and that's too damn small.
DB:
The current consensuses is that a Cobalt can be sized one size smaller than let's say a Stiletto.
I'm 195 lbs. OTD with a Cobalt 135, and I'm getting great landings. WL= 1.44 lbs/sq ft.
For this same wing loading with a Cobalt 170 you would have to weigh 245 lbs. OTD.
Dave Brownell

Hey Kris,
I don't know how many 'dealers' make it common practice to hand out demos, but you might try Roy at Rigs-n-things. From what I hear, he's VERY helpful & sells things really cheap (new Heatwaves marked at $945). However, I've never actually dealt with him myself!
Check it out http://www.para-service.com
"Grab the grass, it's the bounce that kills!"
Merrick

Ramon, Dave & Merrick,
Thanks for the great advice. Looks like I'll start making some calls early Monday.
As for trying a 170, I'm coming off of a Sabre 210 that I was jumping at 1.3:1 all last year and now I'm down to almost 1.2:1 on it so I wanted to put a few jumps on a 190 elliptical before I tried the Cobalt 170, I want to purchase with the new Mirage I am getting in July if I like how it flies...
Thanks again!
Kris