marcin

HeatWave - loading and opening

Hi
I'am wondering if any of you have had any experience with heavier loaded HeatWaves. I'am 187 pounds (85 kg)w/o gear and was thinking of a 120. I've jumped Sti135 till now. Do you think I'd be satisfied with the performance and openings? I disliked a bit the off heading openings and long but uneven (nothing happens for a while but then the slider comes down fast) openings of Sti, but flying characteristics were great.
Thanks for your input!
mc

I've jumped a 130 loaded at 225#. Too fast for my skill level, but it handled great...
It was the new blunt nose design (2000). I don't think the older (pre-2000) fly as nice at heavier loadings.
I'm on my 3rd HeatWave...love the chute!!!

I have a friend at the dz whos gotta be pushing 280 er more out the door jumping a heatwave 190-LOL
first jump on it he blew the lines, but he loves it now!
half my freakin dz jumps heatwaves and everyone loves them
another guy is about 230 out the door jumping a 120 and he loves it, says riser pressure is squat compared to a 135 he jumped before.
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

I've jumped both chutes, same size (150). The Heatwave is much more stable, especially in gusts and will fly in brakes further. The Stiletto is a bit snappier in turns and has a shorter toggle control range. I usually take an extra
wrap on my brakes on the Heatwave to get a great surf. Given the price difference, packing ease and solid flight characteristics, the Heatwave is by far the superior chute.
Blue Skies!
Kirils
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

I got the Heatwave from Roy at Rigs&Things last summer. The leading edge is different from earlier versions.
I have about 90 jumps on this new one and have had no problems with the canopy. You need to be square in the harness at pull or you will have an off-heading opening. It dosen't take long to learn how to steer with your hips on opening. I've had a few steep dives but no twists. (only with my Mirage or Dolphin container, I had lots of problems using this chute with my Reflex...which I no longer use..)
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...