wingnut

non standard pilot chute attach point

i recently came across a 7 cell "unit" canopy that has a new pilot chute attach point on it. instead of the normal ring in the center of the canopy it has a nylon web that atatches to a point about 1/3 of the way in on both sides and it comes to a loop like you would find on a bridle. there is no place for a closing pin on this, it thought it might be a built in bridle on the canopy but because of the lack of a pin i don't think so. any help on this? can it b converted to the standard ring attach point?....i know you would probly need to see it to get a better idea, i'm just wondering if there are any idea on what this is for.

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Sounds like your Unit has two points for bridle attachment. This would require a loop or y-shaped bridle. This old concept has recently been revived in the multiple (4) bridle attachment points on the latest BASE canopies from Basic Research.
The bridle on your Unit is missing a pin because it was probably built before curved pins were invented. The canopy was probably initially equiped with a spring-loaded pilotchute.
Alternatively, it may have been a throw-out without a curved pin. Back in the days before Hank Asquito invented the curved pin, we used bungee/shock cord as main closing loops and stuck a fold of main bridle through the loop to hold the container closed. Any rig that old should be updated with a curved pin or consigned to a museum.

The caonpy sounds like a CRW canopy like Kirils commented. HERE is the way Aerodyne sets up their canopies for PC/bridle retraction, your setup might be similar. As the canopy expands to each side during deployment it "pulls" in on the PC to get it out of the way.
Craig