TangBu

Dropzone.com not secure?

So the latest version of Firefox gives me a warning when I try to log in here, in both the username and password fields, telling me that this site isn't secure. Sure enough, you don't have SSL certificates (https prefix). Are there any plans to fix this?
...Blair.

Same here since a while. Firefox does not even let me enter DZ on my tablet, have to use another browser. PC and laptop are OK but, are giving warnings as due to missing (expired) safety certificate of DZ.com, your acount might be hacked easily.

Such a certificate has to be paid, perhaps that's reason why ... :P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Thanks for the post, we weren't aware that it was giving these errors, I use Firefox and Chrome and haven't had that occur.

The reason, historically for the lack of https security has been that we don't store any financial information on the site. Https is generally used on sites that have things like credit cards linked to user accounts, which then gives hackers an incentive to try and take over accounts. Since we've run our premium membership through a third party site, we didn't have to worry about that vulnerability.

The certificate expiration we weren't aware of either.

With that said, we've inquired with our hosts now about adding such services to the site. And will let you know what happens, even if there isn't the direct financial risk, we obviously would want our users to feel like their accounts are safe. And ensuring that it runs on every device/browser equally.