virgigirlie

Muting annoying/offensive ads on the site

Is there a way to mute ads on the site? I'm really tired of the Wings Tandem ad. I don't want some chick's tits all up in my face for half an hour.

Can I close this ad (the way users of, say, Facebook can close a certain ad and something else'll pop up instead)?
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

Unfortunately not, Facebook's ad model is quite different to that found on other websites and the ability to 'mute' ads is not a feature that's easy for us to implement and something rarely found.

We do follow a code of what we would publish as ads, and we have turned away more explicit ad campaigns in the past, however the subject of offensive is subjective.

The easiest thing I can recommend, is in cases where this ad displays on a page that you're going to be busy on for long periods and may be bothered by - refreshing the page should serve a series of new ads.

Dammit virg, I think, tits? Where? I turn off the ad blocker, check out the ads, and it's for a vector (already got one) and chuting star (already buy from them). If I didn't know better I would think you were part of a ploy by wings to get me to check out their tandem ads.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".