Meso

Mail Migration Help Thread

This thread is dedicated to helping you successfully migrate your Dropzone mail from your e-mail accounts in preparation for the discontinuation of the service.

Please read the [URL "http://www.dropzone.com/help/Dropzone_E-Mail/Email_export_1107.html"]help file[/URL] before posting.

FYI, Outlook 2013 does not allow disabling of the test message that it sends during account setup. I had no problem logging into the server, but for whatever reason, the test message failed. Repeatedly. And yes, all my settings were correct.

I ended up exporting to a spare Gmail account, but I wanted to make note of this in case someone else has the same problem.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've already taken a look at what we can do, and we'll begin working on a way to migrate/download all your addresses from your address book too :) Will keep you updated once we have it complete.

Thanks for the help. I have now downloaded all my contacts. I have another problem though: Since I exported my emails I cannot receive any new ones. And I know I got some from my family. Is it possible to retrieve those emails and still get the new ones? that way I know whom I forgot to notify. Thanks al lot.

While you could in theory likely continue using it (unless the social media platform does regular checks as to whether the email is active).

But if you ever needed to reset your password, or wanted to receive information or alerts from that social network, it wouldn't work.

We recommend changing the address in your social media networks to one different to your Dropzone.com login.

I made another post in the announcements area now, but just wish to state it here too. Due to an increase in spam e-mails from our user accounts, we have moved forward the e-mail discontinuation to the 10th of August, instead of the 31st. Please ensure your mail migration is complete by that stage if you wish to keep your mail in your Dropzone.com e-mail accounts.