Joellercoaster

Report button

I haven't been a huge fan of them in the past, but dropzone.com seems to be experiencing a sufficient volume of spam that it's becoming a lesser evil.

Nobody expects the moderators to read everything instantly, but some of it lives for days at the moment. Time to do some crowdsourcing!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

We'll be spending some time this week looking into new options for dealing with the increase of spam. A report button is one of the things we have discussed implementing in the past and will be looked at again.

I'm curious you mentioned "in the past", why hasn't something like that been implemented (I'm honestly curious, not being condescending).

I do know discussions here can get quite heated. Do you think DZ.com members would be the kind to abuse such a button?

ianyapxw

I'm curious you mentioned "in the past", why hasn't something like that been implemented (I'm honestly curious, not being condescending).

I do know discussions here can get quite heated. Do you think DZ.com members would be the kind to abuse such a button?

It isn't terribly difficult to implement (at least not from my point of view and I'm just a lowly user). They just hadn't had a big enough issue to justify working on that over something else that was more pressing.

They do a lot behind the scenes that we rarely know about, just to keep things running (and upgrading what they can).
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

As theonlyski touched on, we're constantly working on stuff on the site - some of which is bigger long term projects and other's smaller maintenance items.

So there's always some priorities that need to be made, and spam has typically been pretty easy to deal with so it took second place to other work.

ianyapxw

If there was a report button for every time someone called someone else a douchebag in Speakers Corner, the server would explode.

Andy9o8

If there was a report button for every time someone called someone else a douchebag in Speakers Corner, the server would explode.

That would make me want to establish a policy that basically temp-bans anyone who falsely reports more than one post as spam.

Of course, then you end up with a million new accounts from one person. :S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message