yoink

User moderated content.

Could we have some sort of automated system for flagging and removing spam posts?

If every user had a 'report post' button that they could use for flagging spam, you could set filters to automatically bin posts if they collect a certain number of reports over a fixed period of time.

Let the people police themselves... :P

rwieder

Let the people police themselves... :P

That's like letting the fox guard the chicken house.

Best-
Richard

This ^^^

Not only that, but the occasional ad gives us some fun while it's still up. There have been a few in the last couple of weeks that have been a blast! :ph34r: And in the past, those who have been online for a few short-lived, but epic threads wouldn't trade it at all. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I'm always grateful when people send me a pm to help out with this. I can't always be on the forums reading everything, but if I get an e-mail notification on my phone that someone sent a pm about a spam post, I make sure to log in as soon as I can.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

rwieder

That's like letting the fox guard the chicken house.

And everyone wants to be a fox and control what others can say. So then we would need to allow everyone to vote on the legitimacy of a post, both pro and con. We wouldn't want just a few nay-sayers to be able to suppress content that many others would want to see. I think it best just to allow each individual to use their own eyeballs and judgement to skip over the items that they personally dislike.

We wouldn't want just a few nay-sayers to be able to suppress content that many others would want to see.

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and should not have some Jasper come behind them and crack wise just because they don't agree with what they've said. What are you a "Greenie wanna be?"

Best-
Richard