Mej

Access to the old Base Forum?

Every time i find a link on BJ.com like the second post in the thread below

http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=378904;search_string=150;#378904

and it takes me to the old base forum it comes up with.

Forums: Permission Denied

Oops! You are not authorized to view that page.

Is there a way to access the old threads?

Cheers

Hi,

The link you gave above works fine for me, so I'm assuming it's likely as it states, a permissions issue.

Like dropzone.com, a lot of basejumper.com's forum sections are closed to guests, and requires you to log in to view. So if you don't have an account on basejumper.com yet, you'll need to register one and then log in to view those forum threads.

Hi

I have an account on both basejumper.com and dropzone.com. so i don't think that is the issue.

TomAiello

Read Dwain's comments, as transcribed by D-Dog, in this thread.

As highlighted above, its the links that go back to the old baseforum on here that i can never get to work.

Before it was moved to its own site.

Ah yes, as it stands - the base section on dropzone.com is disabled to all users. Whether or not this is the best approach, may be argued - but it's been like that for a long time. It's something that can be discussed, but I suspect Sangiro implemented it for a reason.

Meso

Ah yes, as it stands - the base section on dropzone.com is disabled to all users. Whether or not this is the best approach, may be argued - but it's been like that for a long time. It's something that can be discussed, but I suspect Sangiro implemented it for a reason.

i would think so as to not duplicate forums, but can the archive old DZ.com BASE forum be opened in a read only manner?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup, we've opened it up again for now. It's worth noting though, that all the content in that forum is also on the forums at basejumper.com - as it was moved over during the original establishment of basejumper.