michaelted57

What happened to dropzone.com?

What happened to the format of this website? This new format is absolutely terrible and a HUGE step backward for the users. The classified section is hard to read, doesn't have the same detail, most of the ads do not open without an error message and the whole thing looks like the way it used to be back when it started; PRIMITIVE! I can understand updating a website now and then, but for Christ's sake don't do it until the new version is better than the old one!
If it comes easy, I'm automatically suspicious

Rest assured the new template is better, more user friendly and more up to date with current web standards. The previous template, especially in the classifieds section was far out of date with large font and tables that extended across the page, a layout style which was far more primitive than the current one.

What detail is it that you feel is missing from the new template that was on the old? As all the information on the detailed ad pages should be pretty much the same.

The new layout also gives us the opportunity to provide users with more flexibility when it comes to promoting their ads and we don't doubt that it should in essence making selling even easier.

The main challenge at the moment is just working out the bugs, but that should not take long.

"Rest Assured"? I am one of the ones out here trying to use this thing. "More User Friendly" is only true if the USERS find it so. The smaller font is harder to read, the layout makes it harder to find a specific category, Categories with new ads are not highlighted anymore, and there is no place for manufacturer, DOM, component model and number of jumps for complete rigs being offered for sale. I don't see anything advantageous with the new format. How much user input did you get before changing it?
If it comes easy, I'm automatically suspicious

The same should currently exist. The main listings were not really changed much at all, and still exist on a line to line listing environment. If you can attach a screenshot and help me understand what you mean about having to wade through pictures and descriptions to find what you want?

Images and descriptions should only be visible on the detailed level, where one would expect all the information possible to be.

Otherwise the only other areas where we aim to provide the image and description in a listing environment is on the classifieds home page, where paid links and premium members get their ads listed more prominently in this fashion.

When browsing the New Ads option, it gives you a two line description and a thumbnail of the image. I see where that could be a good thing, but I personally preferred just the title listing. It was much quicker to browse and click through to items I wanted to see. Now, a 25-item per page setting takes 4-5 scrolls to see the whole page.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I've changed the way that the new ads are displayed, they are now displayed in a list environment the same as the category pages, making it easier to navigate.

I've also addressed the other problems and the classifieds should be working properly now... If you see anything that still needs fixing, give me a shout.

I agree with post 11. Hovering over the camera produces a small thumbnail, but when you click on the ad hyperlink, there is no larger detail picture embedded in the ad.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The new adds no longer have a photo avaliable... The small icon indicating that a photo was avaliable was, is useful. Also, the reference as to when the user listed, joined was somewhat useful in determining if you wanted to deal with that person... As a scam filter

Not having "new" show up when new stuff is posted means we have to 1. look at everything or 2. remember the number of ad's each cat and each day.

I don't want to click on each one to see if there is new stuff, if I looking for a hot item in cat. I want to hit it quick when first listed and not hope I just catch it posted. For example, cypres units are hard to come by right now, I'm search for two TDM two pin units.... you can bet if they get posted they will be gone very fast, having the new listing icon helps people quickly find the new stuff.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo