rhys

Integrety when marking advertisements as Scam

I have advertised for an instructor for our Dropzone. under the name skydivefj our dropzones account.

It was marked as Scam.

We contacted the [email protected] as directed by the link saying 'is ths your ad' and asked for the scam mark to be removed.

I also contacted Billvon who said he was working on it but it was not his department.

10 hours later it is still marked as a scam and there is no reason for it being so.

I suggest that before you mark a DZ advertisemnt as a scam that you have valid reason to do so.

Our website was linked on the ad and has all the relevant information needed to see our legitimacy.

Now it is still marked as a scam, we have had quite a few responses, and some specifying how dubious they are due to the scam status. for a few hours it was marked as scam but could be viewed, now it is blocked altogether.

i have posted another in the meantime. I will likely remove the ad that is marked as scam.

We are a premium member of DZ.com and there has been no response to our plight.

I suggest that one uses their integrety and good jugement when deciding to mark an ad as a scam or not, contact the entity that posted the ad with reason for doing so, and make sure that a follow up on the status of the poster as mistakes like this can cost the poster their reputation and that is not something somebody should pay money for.

I would like an explanation for this situation or our financial support for DZ.com will not be renewed.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The explanation has to do with time zones. The team who deal with such incidents are located in South Africa, typically it would be me or PsMarais who'd tend to such a request.

And it was the first thing on my plate this morning, it was an issue that was being looked into when the old ad was actually deleted (which confused us for a bit wondering where it disappeared to).

But granted, there is possibly a flaw in the system that allows malicious users to flag ads as spam when they are not, though I think we are able to trace the person if the ad isn't deleted.

So in short, your issue wasn't overlooked or ignored- but rather acted upon as soon as physically possible, as I'm sure you understand we can't have an administrator in every time zone.

I removed the ad, and reposted it. now it is marked as scam again.

5 years ago I left a DZ that did not pay me, They did not pay many people, they used illegal equipment, breached many laws and when I left that company they advertised on DZ.com. I marked it a Scam as it was. That company is in recievership and the owner that was a 747 captain (the only reason it stayed afload for so long) has lost his fit and proper person.

I was told by DZ.com that the ad could not be marked a scam. becasue there was no reason to do so. I had no proof even though I was owed thousands of dollars for my work carried out for them.

OUR COMPANY HAS INTEGRETY, we have just secured a combination package with the largest tourist attraction in our town and that company is owned by the wealthiest entity in our island. We need staff, and we have had some good applicant come through, but this does not look good for our company, there is only a few days before our premium membership is set to automatically pay for the next term, If I am not given a reasonable explanation then that will be cancelled.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR OUR AD TO BE MARKED AS SCAM, AND IF THERE IS THEN PLEASE CONTACT US ABOUT IT. If some random that has a bee in his bonnet over my political standpoint can mark the ad a scam at will, then that is a serious flaw in your system.

NOT HAPPY!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have removed the ad and reposted it (again). I know you said you could trace the person responsable (potentially) if the ad is not removed, having an ad there with SCAM on it does more damage to our company than good. So as much as I would like the offender caught, I want our ad up there without the scam status. If it is marked a scam again I will delete the content and leave the ad up so you can investigate it.

Is it really that easy to mark anybodies ad as a scam?

Surely someone in the administration has to confirm the status of the ad before it is marked as a Scam.

This does nothing for our integrety or that of DZ.com....

There are automated methods that are in use that if certain triggers are met will mark an ad as a scam with out us doing anything. This is because on most days and weekends most of the people on the site are not around a computer to delete ads and we do not want to leave harmful ads online to trick more people. In this case you are hurting your own efforts to get this fixed by deleting the ads. We need to look though the logs and the details behind the ad to see what is occurring but when you delete the ad all those records are erased and there is nothing we can do.

Its great that you have all the things good going for the DZ but if it happens again in terms of the ad getting marked as a scam please just notify us via this forum since there are only about 4-5 people in the world that have access to the classifieds and only 2 of them that can look to resolve this. Deleting the ad only makes it worse and we are pretty responsive once issues are brought to our attention and we can do something on them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There are automated methods that are in use that if certain triggers are met will mark an ad as a scam with out us doing anything. This is because on most days and weekends most of the people on the site are not around a computer to delete ads and we do not want to leave harmful ads online to trick more people.

Can you please elaborate so we can avoid this happening?

I'm not sure on the automated methods, but I will say that we have adjusted the system a bit to allow us to track malicious flagging. I will now be able to see whom flagged an ad.

There was a 'scam review' yesterday stating 'They do not operate a Porter'. I think this was directed at your ad. The next time it is flagged as spam (if someone continues to try), we will receive the flaggers username, and proceed to take action from there. But it appears that this was in fact not an automated flagging.

'They do not operate a Porter'.

I think I may know who it is now. In fact we have yet to operate our porter but we have it ready to go, have the oxygen etc etc.

We have had an associate of our competition send us very malicious emails to us and false (very negative) reviews of our company and the ski plane company that supplies us our aircraft (C185 and porter). These issues (the ones we are aware of) have been resolved with the websites that post the reviews.

Tjis has gotten to the point where we have informed the the police, and the police have asked us if they want to intervene.

We are leaving it be for now, but much more of this and we will procecute.

There seems to be plenty of anamosity towards our continuing success from this individual and others.

I really do appreciate your help. If you would like to cross check is it is the same person I will be happy to supply their name in a PM.

Thanks,

Rhys