ryan_d_sucks

Classifieds/Gear Reviews Integration?

Hey I have been dealing a lot with the classifieds section recently, which is just an incredible feature of this site. But I do have one suggestion-- It would be really cool and convenient if there was some way to embed a link within an ad to the gear review section of the site for that item (if it has one). So if I'm looking at an ad for a Crossfire2, I can click a link in that ad and read all the reviews for the Crossfire 2 in a new window, without leaving the ad.

I know there could be some difficulty in doing so, seeing as not everyone fills out the manufacturer and model in the dropdown menus, but maybe something like this could be done for the ads that do have those filled out. I think it would be very convenient.

As I understand it, in a nutshell, you would like to see gear reviews in the classifieds? For example, if you were looking at an ad for a helmet, you would like to see the reviews for that helmet on the same page?
A fool and his money is soon parted - Buy 1 million e-mail valid addresses for only $100.00

More so a link to the main page for that product under the gear section. For instance, say I was looking at a Crossfire 2 main canopy in the classifieds-- I might not know that the Crossfire 2 is manufactured by Icarus canopies. Then when I go to the gear page I have to click through different manufacturers until I find the Crossfire 2 listed under Icarus's page.

This is especially true for helmets and accessories. I might not be aware that Cookie Composites produces the Ozone helmet. My idea is that if I were looking at a classifieds ad for an Ozone, there would be a link on that page to the main page for the Ozone under the gear section. From there I could read the manufacturer's description of the product, and access reviews if I so desired.

We brought this issue up on Friday during a meeting and we feel that there is definitely potential for it, and we will soon be looking at the best ways to implement such a feature.

We're toying with some exciting ideas for the possible integration of the two features. It may take a little while, but it's something that's quite likely to be in the pipeline in the near future.