micduran

Dropzone landing area info suggestion

A big shift in landing rules has taken place over the past few years.
Currently, there is a spot on the dropzone info page to indicate if hook turns are allowed or not.
I would prefer to see if the dropzone has a separate landing area for high performance landings.
For a lot of people, myself included, this would have a lot of bearing on my decision to visit the place.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

That's fair but not what I meant. Just that the information is defined for group members & therefore is in a known format.

Actually, it's not... and just because it's in the Group Member pledge doesn't mean each DZ is doing it (or doing it equally well). Also, the DZs can implement it in a number of different ways, some of which may be more or less comfortable for the person making a decision.

I like Michelle's suggestion - but I'm not sure how much value it would provide since I assume most if not all DZs will claim that they separate landing areas... but anyone who's been to more than a few DZs knows that some have a culture that enforces it and some ... don't (or enforce it for some and not others).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke