BPO

TurboZX ??

Hi all,
Here's one more.. Can anyone tell me something about the flying/opening characteristics of the TurboZX?
Until now I've only jumped with Sabre's (210/190/170), can the TurboZX be compared to a Sabre?
Thanx in advance.

I've got only few jumps on TZX 165 and a few hundreds on Sabre 150. Sabre killed me on openings, TZX opened firm but not explosive. I've heard from jumpers that TZX generally opens slow, sometimes even excessively. Sabre turned zippier, TZX entered the turn slower, but I guess sunk a bit more than Sabre and after 2-3 spirals generated relatively big G -forces. Sabre definitely glided better and was more responsive to toggle input on landing.
M.

Thanks for replying.. hmm.. think I'd rather buy a used Sabre then..?! Any idea where I can find information on min. and max. weights for the TZX? Or can you tell me what size could be considered a substitute for a Sabre150?

Hi
Max. weight taken from paragear.com, under Main canopies_Para-Flite and _PD:
Turbo ZX 145 -160lbs.
Turbo ZX 165 -180lbs.
Sabre 150 -165 lbs
I'd say Sabre is a better gliding, "modern" canopy, TZX pack volume according to paragear's data is larger, but my impression was it actually packs quite small, Sabre may be a hard opening one sometimes. TZX should be much cheaper. I think you'd like Sabre's flight more.
M.