Redline165

Regional Sections

I just searched this real quick but didn't see anything specifically on it.

I know im new, but im a member/moderator of several other message boards. i know for ones on the larger scale (national/global level) there are regional sections. Ive just browsed through the events and places to jump section and even after searching it was still difficult to sift through it all. Im also new here, and im looking for more people in my area.

I know (as a moderator/admin) on other sites that 1000 sections is a PITA, but maybe in the jump section have some sub-forums for different regions. (IE: west, northwest, south, southwest, southeast, ect...) having 10 or so of those sections in there own "Area" seems like it would help people to communicate better and realize that there are many people on dropzone.com near them.

Just an idea... not trying to stir the pot up on my 2nd post :) im just reading and catching up at the moment. Id be more then happy to "Create" an example if someone in the position of making it happen would like me too. just send me a PM or email.

Thanks again!

-Kevin

PS: Here is an example of what im talking about. its a Car based site, so please read no further then the link, (your head will start to hurt. haha) but this is somewhat the layout im talking about

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/regional-dsm-clubs/

:D

The focus on this site has always been its international scope, the language forums are included so that even non-english speaking jumpers can have a place to come to share info and stories. The Regional idea has been looked at in the past but for the most part it works out better to have the converations on the local Dropzone's website. The conversations are either bullshitting conversations/inside jokes and those would typically be under the Bonfire forum or they are event driven posts - "Anyone want to go to XYZ?" or "Looking for a 4th for RW on Sunday at QWERTY" and those fit into the Events forum.

To search out people based on their listed Dropzone or state there is the option to become a Premiere Member of the site and it opens up the User Search option to allow you to use those fields to search by. Its a really useful option to find users near you or near a DZ that you might be going to.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com