ffmdoll

R.I. Genera

First of all, this is a biased review because I had a hand in designing the GENERA when I worked at R.I.
The GENERA is the best of the low-budget new rigs. The previous respondant is correct in saying that the GENERA loks like a smaller version of the TELESIS 2. They were both developed over the autumn/winter of 1996/97. It took us 40 prototypes, but we managed to work all the bugs out of the tuck tabs. Tucks tabs are what make the GENERA better than its competitors. GENERA riser cover tuck tabs stay closed. The GENERA reserve pin protector flap tuck tab stays closed and the GENERA main pin cover tuck tab is almost idiot proof. The GENERA's main pin cover is better suited to freeflying than the TALON 2's. My first choice for a low-budget rigs would be a GENERA.
In comparison, the South African-built NARO has always had tuck tabs, but they always "floated in loose formation" with the rest of the rig. NAROS work, but they are not as glamorous as American-built rigs.
The other low-budget American-built rig is the DOLPHIN. Since the DOLPHIN was designed by Mike Furry - a co-founder of the Javelin factory - DOLPHINS look a lot like Javelins. The greatest difference is that early DOLPHINS had lots of Velcro but no tuck tabs. Now that newer DOLPHINS have tuck tabs and we can close the bottom flap over the reserve pilot chute, the gap between DOLPHINS and JAVELINS is narrowing. When purchasing a DOLPHIN you get a rig that is almost as good as a JAVELIN at almost half the price!
though the Dolphin is catching up.
One other option to consider when you are searching for a low-budget rig is the SIDEWINDER from Flying High Manufacturing in Canada. You can order a custom-colored SIDEWINDER for about the same price as a black GENERA, DOLPHIN or NARO. Deliveries are pretty quick. SIDEWINDERS wear like iron, just look at the dozen student SIDEWINDERS at Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada. Which reminds me, all dozen student SIDEWINDERS are due for repack this month, so I had best get to work.
Sorry if this reply got long-winded.