wolfies11

Any info on falcon main

I just bought a used javelin j-7 with a falcon 300 main ,it had a raven III reserve which I'm changeing to a raven IV this week.I also bought a cyprus expert.I am currently jumping a raven IV main,how much different will the falcon fly?Also how much difference will there be on the flare?I weigh 254 LBS without gear.

The Falcon 300 won't be that different from the Raven 4 you've been jumping, maybe a bit shallower glide but forward speed will be about the same and flare power will be about the same.
Not a bad choice for a first rig for someone your weight. Hope you got a good deal!
pull and flare,
lisa

I think I got a good deal.I paid 1750.00 For a javelin j-7,falcon 300 main and raven III reserve.I also purchased from square one A used Cypress mnf.2/98 for 650.00.The rig was mnf.12/90 but the owner only jumped it 53 times no reserve deployment.I had the sale contigent on my riggers ok.We couldn't believe what great shape it was in.Like new and with all the owners manuels.I sold the Reserve for 450.00 and bought a new raven IV for 768.00

My first main was a falcon loaded at about .8... i have no complaints about it whatsoever. I recommend rolling the nose when packing, other than that it's a great canopy for a first rig. =c)
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

Stacy is right . . . take care of that nose when you pack it, especially if it has microlines. The Falcon I jumped had a tendency to open hard. You will find that that big ol' Falcon sets you down nicely. It may flare a wee bit differently, but you'll get used to it. I don't know if you were accustomed to shooting steeper "accuracy-type" approaches, but the Falcon is not really made to do that. You'll also notice it glides more, covers more ground to help you recover from bad spots.
Respectfully,
SP

Up until this spring I jumped a falcon 195, never a hard opening, but there was never a question about rolling the nose-LOL-do it. I was loading it about 1.1 or a little more until I put on weight over the winter-oopps
Its a great chute, no question about that, hope you enjoy it!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com