heidihagen

narrowing the search - classifieds

would it be difficult to add drop boxes/check boxes to help sift through classified ads? it would eliminate containers almost as old as me, canopies with thousands of jumps, and expired aads. also, finding ones that fit is tough unless they advertise it as "perfect for small jumper" or something similar...
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

would it be difficult to add drop boxes/check boxes to help sift through classified ads?

I don't have an answer for you, other than to note that this is along the same lines as this request that was posted a month ago. The problem that underlies that request and your request is that the classifieds search function (at least for non-Premier members) is not very good, IMHO. When you place an ad, you can specify lots of details for your gear in a structured way, but there's not a good way for prospective buyers to search those details.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

In order to implement something along these lines it would make it required fields to have all the bits of data about a rig or canopy. Some of these fields are already able to be populated, but people choose not to fill them in. With out these fields full, the seraching would return 0 results. There are also people that fill in some of the fields, but leave things like 0/00 in the DOM field since they don't know it.

Its a good idea, but it is probally going to require as much effort on the users side to make sure they are putting good data in as it would be on the backend side to get it to be seachable.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com