blueshrew

Section with coach name, reviews, ratings

If you did this, I'd think it would be better to allow coaches to put themselves into the database, rather than limiting it. Some full time coaches aren't all that good, and I've had coaching from part timers that was excellent. Reviews would sort out who was doing a good job.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Not a bad idea at all. I'm just worried it might turn into an eBay style "AAAAA+++++++++++++!!!!!!!! TOP COACH!!!!!!" love-in with no useful information?

Folk like me with low jump numbers aren't the best at judging just how good a coach someone is, as we've got little to compare them with...

Well it seems to be working for DZs with the reviews and stuff.
It would just be great to have an overview. There are so many coaches around, you meet so many, but you have no idea where to go or who to book if you're pressed for time.
Sure you hear some names more than others, but I still have no idea who of those guys I'd try to go to, if I could choose.

Not a bad idea at all. I'm just worried it might turn into an eBay style "AAAAA+++++++++++++!!!!!!!! TOP COACH!!!!!!" love-in with no useful information?

Folk like me with low jump numbers aren't the best at judging just how good a coach someone is, as we've got little to compare them with...

The best way to find a coach is to ask around...Bad coaches don't tend to get recomendatons.

The idea is not bad, but it would be a a HUGE area, and not that much traffic since most will just normally ask around.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334