Nightingale

Newbie status indicator

I was wondering if there was any way that, say, someone with 10 posts or less, could be easily identified if we're not using titles anymore? Maybe a different colored username or something?

Just to make it easier to spot trolls. Beyond a few posts, it doesn't matter if someone has 100 or 500 or 1000, but being able to spot total noobs has its merits.

:DNoobs.........sounds like boobs. :$:):D

Seriously though, I think your right. Maybe the skydiving info that Sangiro has planned would be some indication as to the newbieness of newbies. Whether or not he will put Jump numbers or date signed up to DZ.COM I don't know, but an indication for trolls might be good.

I don't know if there are any plans to delete such trolls from the user list. Those that put up a profile, post a few times, get bored and leave. I've read the rules and feedback but haven't found any indication of this yet.

Only time will tell.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Will likely show a "member since" date. No more colors or titles.

Actually, I think the Green/Red and titles for that group is a good idea - adds a bit of emphasis to their role on the forums.

"Taking this a bit too seriously I think."

Thats a bad habit to get into.;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Just because someone does not have hundreds of posts doesn't mean that they don't have something valid to offer. Use common sense when reading posts and always get a second opinion from a trusted source. ;)

Daft suggestion IMO.

Whats with people looking for status icons (HH and mods excluded). >:(

Rant over. :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

I like the number of jumps and the License info and will like the years in sport when it comes.

I would like to suggest that after the license you include the member organization.

In my profile I have fudged this so it shows CSPA in brackets. The brackets are probably unnecessary. NOTE: This was not my original idea... I saw it on someone else's profile (a greenie... Remster) and liked it enough to do the same thing.

Cheers, Ian
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I like the number of jumps and the License info and will like the years in sport when it comes.

I would like to suggest that after the license you include the member organization.

Cheers, Ian

What about people who are in the sport but NOT necessarily jumpers? Pilots, Mechanics, Manifest Coordinators? There's a lot of people that keep things running that don't have those sort of stats...
I like the idea of seeing 'signed up' to the site and how many posts..if you're really interested in who the person is and what they are about you can always search posts for their names.
I gotta shut up and make a donation soon~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!