Keith

Would you pay to post to Talk Back?

only if they have a static IP. most users have a dynamic IP now. They get a new one each time they log on.

Doesn't matter. Dynamic IPs tend to be nearly the same, for area, since they're ususally assigned by POP and people tend to dial into the same number. If its ISDN, xDSL or Cable then its even more so, since ISPs tend to just break up the random blocks per certain groups of subscribers per POP, thus the same group of people all tend to log onto the same POP and all have generally the same IP address, with minor differences.

Without going into greater detail of how and why, please just trust me, it doesn't really matter.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

only if they have a static IP. most users have a dynamic IP now. They get a new one each time they log on.

Yes, but in most cases only the last digits in the IP address change when you get your new dynamic IP. In some cases it's 2 or three blocks of which the last digits change. It's easy to do a wildcard ban on the rest of the IP address. I've done it, it works.

There's a slim chance you may catch someone else hitting the same IP block... but it hasn't happened so far! ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Years ago I was having problems on skydivingmovies.com with people uploading pirated movies and software. I noticed it was almost all coming from very similar IPs so I banned them. Turned out I had banned most of germany and a lot of other europeans. OOPS! :)
Dave

My business is already paying $200 a month to sponsor Talkback so... yeah I guess I would. :D

You getting a refund? From what I hear from the industry that advertises on dz.com, dz.com gets 20,000 hits a day, and that is what they base their desire to advertise there, that said, Sangrio could and should work with that and use that to up the cost to advertise there, with skydiving magazine and parachutist reaching so many people every month, Dz.com reaches almost as much every week. There is a lot of potential, to make money and make a web site that apeals to the everyone that looks at it.
Hiring someone that can manage advertising, and such would be a great investment, there is a lot of potential, all that needs to happen now is to work with the product. 20,000 hits a day, if that is the # is a lot to work with. There is a lot of very profitable web sites that wish they could acheive that status. Im predicting that dz.com Talk back returns in full force.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

No, I wouldn't pay to post in talkback. I post there to meet and learn more about other skydivers, and I can do the same thing for less money then that. I would, however, pay to post in the more important forums, like Gear and rigging.
=========Shaun ==========

Doesn't matter. Dynamic IPs tend to be nearly the same, for area, since they're ususally assigned by POP and people tend to dial into the same number. If its ISDN, xDSL or Cable then its even more so, since ISPs tend to just break up the random blocks per certain groups of subscribers per POP, thus the same group of people all tend to log onto the same POP and all have generally the same IP address, with minor differences.

Without going into greater detail of how and why, please just trust me, it doesn't really matter.

but then you also get people like me...i travel ALOT and have access to a large number of completely seperate servers all over the world due to the nature of my job... i could be a hell of an internet troll till my bosses caught on;) so banning me say from the IP i'm using right now is completely useless...

i've actually wondered on occasion how many different IP's i've posted from...

OT...no i wouldnt pay for TB only. I do donate when the urge strikes however..